Jaguar trainer

Started by Martin H, July 22, 2004, 02:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

Now that the jag is set to disapear from The RAF Orbat. I surpose id better post the photo of the Jag ive recently finnished.

Now the Jag was origianly intended as a Trainer, in the same leage speed wise as the T-38. But what would it have looked like. Well heres my idea,  

A BAC/Dassault Jaguar T Mk-1 of No 4 FTS RAF Valley 1983

The kit is the crapy matchbox Jag T-2 (one of the worst kits from matchbox fit wise), with the decals lifted from an old Modeldecal sheet for a Hawk of 4 FTS.
Oh and the paint was Humberol all the way.

The photo was taken at the Midland Air Museams Wings and wheels day the other weekend. She now sits in a display cabenet at the museam along with a number of my other Project cancelled models (Including all my TSR's)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

nev

Yes!

Yes!

Yes!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Actually, I've got loads of Hawk markings on a Modeldecal sheet, I may have to keep my eyes peeled for a 1/72 2 seat Jaguar...
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Mairfrog

Quoteand as I loathe the damn things anyway, I think I can part with it.
Funnily enough that's what Hoon said.  ;)  

Tophe

QuoteYes!
Yes!
Yes!
No... ^_^
The Jaguar-Trainer is not an airplane flying in the air, she is a fish swimming in a lace ocean... with Mirage F-1B girl-friends. ^_^

(I thought I was a crazy modeller, before discovering your so nice company. Just say What-if, and dream :) )
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

nev

Lee, remind me closer to the nats, if the idea still takes my fancy I may take it off your hands...

Tophe - are those some more of your "secret" models?  :)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Tophe

QuoteTophe - are those some more of your "secret" models?  :)
Not secret at all, dear. I just feel ashamed to show the models I built in the 1980s, that cannot be compared  :(  to the marvels of Martin H and others  :) .
What changed a little my mind is the digital camera : I can try several shots and choose one or zero, this costs nothing :) .

John Howling Mouse

QuoteThe kit is the crapy matchbox Jag T-2 (one of the worst kits from matchbox fit wise),
no, no, NOOOOOOOOO!     Don't say that!

I must have bought four of these (still unbuilt) Matchbox kits on eBay.  All likely overpriced, too!  I wanted a flight of four of 'em in formation...!

Not crappy, not bad fit.  Tell me it ain't so!

Stupid eBay!

:dum:  :blink:  :dum:  :(  :dum:

:unsure:  :wacko:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Mike Wren

:wub:   very nice Martin  :wub:  

NARSES2

Great finish Martin - show's what can be done with good old Humbrol.

Tophe love your idea about swimming in the sea  :wub:

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

QuoteTophe love your idea about swimming in the sea  :wub:
Chris
By the way, have you a picture of the flying submarine projects? I have heard of, maybe I have seen art drawings, but as they were not twin-boomers, I have forgotten where...

Captain Canada

Looking good, guys !

Thanks for sharing ! Martin, it must be nice to have your a/c shown at a museum !

And Tophe, please don't be intimidated by other modellers.....we all hide behind digital photgraphy as well !

:wub:

Cheers boys !

Toaderleau
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

elmayerle

QuoteBy the way, have you a picture of the flying submarine projects? I have heard of, maybe I have seen art drawings, but as they were not twin-boomers, I have forgotten where...
If I remember correctly, there was at least one article in APR on submersible aircraft. Yes, it's in the the list for Volume 2, specifically Number 6.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Tophe

QuoteBy the way, have you a picture of the flying submarine projects? I have heard of, maybe I have seen art drawings, but as they were not twin-boomers, I have forgotten where...
If I remember correctly, there was at least one article in APR on submersible aircraft. Yes, it's in the the list for Volume 2, specifically Number 6.
Great! Thanks! Maybe I will order it (the magazine I mean, not the plane)...

Tophe

QuoteToaderleau
Dear Captain, I have never noticed that your old nick-name Toad had a meaning: "amphibian like frog" told me my Oxford dictionary... Well, I have eaten frog legs only once in my life, I swear. :(  Sorry for your toad cousins, I apologize.