RN Skyhawk

Started by Captain Canada, June 17, 2004, 04:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

hey !

With all the talk about them, I thought I'd repost this little beauty.....it's the ancient Airfix kit.

My idea was, that the Suez Crisis escalated fast, and the US offerd help in the shape of a/c.

HMS Nairobi, 1956
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mike Wren

QuoteWith all the talk about them, I thought I'd repost this little beauty.....it's the ancient Airfix kit.
ahhhh, the lovely Airfix Skyhawk... my first ever kit... and still on my shelf 20 years later  :wub:  

nev

Suez stripes always look good  :wub:

Although it would take a creative re-writing of history as it was the US who forced Britain/France/Israel into a humiliating climbdown.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Bryan H.

Beautiful Scooter Capt.  :wub:

:cheers:  Bryan

Miscellany (that effects modeling):
My son & daughter.
School - finishing my degree

Models (upcoming):
RCN A-4F+ ArcticHawk

Scooterman

All this talk and pictures of Skyhawks.............. :wacko: (shudder).............can't read anymore............. :wacko: (stumble)..........A-4 overload.............. :wacko: (fizzle) (pop)...........must remain calm...........need to be near my Scooter kits...... :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

THUNK!  (body hitting floor)

Brad

John Howling Mouse

Slick!

Betcha painting the "rimless" tires on this Airfix kit was fun!

;)  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Captain Canada

Thanks boys ! Glad you like 'er......

And you've got a good point there, Nevster....How about the Yanks delivered them and their spares before the conflict, so it was alot easier for the Brits to ignore US interference ?

:P  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

retro_seventies

sorry it took so long - LOVE IT TODD!
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.