Hs 129B-2 now FINISHED! (caution, RW)

Started by matrixone, August 01, 2011, 12:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

My Hs 129B-2 quick build is finished, the only reason I even started this model in the first place was the bad time I was having building the Eduard Bf 110E and needed a diversion from it.

This is the 1/48 scale Hasegawa Hs 129B-2 that was built O.O.B. with the exception of the decals which I used the sheet from EagleCals instead of the kits decals.

On to the pics...

And here are two pics of the aircraft seen in the background of the Hs 129 pics, its the Messerschmitt Me 310 Panzerknacker...the intended replacemant for the Hs 129B.

Of course the Me 310 is pure what-if, there were no such planes designed or built. :thumbsup:

Matrixone

PR19_Kit

Quote from: matrixone on August 01, 2011, 12:26:20 PM
Of course the Me 310 is pure what-if, there were no such planes designed or built. :thumbsup:

Oh yes there was, YOU designed and built it!  :thumbsup: :bow: :cheers:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

dumaniac

Matrixone - very very nice indeed - Bernie

Ian the Kiwi Herder

That 129 was one of my favourite kits too. Les, your photography as ever is simply outstanding. I'll have to get you to come to Schloss Jackson sometime to take some pics of my models.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Modelling superb, photography incomparable........
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

matrixone

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the feedback!

With the Hs 129 finished my full attention will be on the Eduard Bf 110 kit and I want to get that one finished ASAP because it has been such a pain in the a** to build, it will be my worst modeling effort in a while and many times I wanted to just throw it away and move on to other models but I have never quit on a model yet and too much work has been put into this one to trash it.
On TV I recently heard a saying: ''Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good'', this pretty much sums up how I feel about the 110....also ''getter done'' also comes to mind. ;)

Matrixone

Old Wombat

Beautiful builds & fantastic pic's, matrixone! Briliant! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

matrixone

Army of One

Awesome....!.....simply awesome....!!  :bow:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Gondor

Fantastic work as usual Matrixone

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Allan

super-fine modelling Matrix
I quite like that plane, though it must have been a bugger to get in and out of with the pilot being jammed up against the control panel--how do you suppose he was supposed to bail out quickly?
Allan in Canberra

matrixone

Thanks Army of One, Gondor, and Allan,
I am not sure how the pilot would get out very quickly if shot down, since they were usually flying low to the ground they might have tried to belly land it but that would not be a healthy choice for the pilot if he came down in territory held by the Russians. :o
If you think the Hs 129 cockpit was cramped with one pilot imagine TWO people in there! There was at least one pilot of a downed Hs 129 picked up by another Hs 129 and flown back to their base.

Before I built this model I never really paid much attention to the Hs 129 but after learning more about this aircraft I really like it, this was a well designed rugged aircraft that did its job quite well even though there was not very many of them at any one time at the frontline, a larger number of these machines in 1942 and 1943 could have tipped the balance in favor of the Germans...even with an idiot like Hitler running the show.

Matrixone

Allan

Matrix.
Looking over those fine photos one more time, I think if you can somehow play with the sixth one, wash out the colors, make it black and white and put the words Luftwaffe Geheime in one corner it would be most convincing
Allan in Canberra