"Fivehudreds International"

Started by PantherG, July 25, 2011, 10:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PantherG

So...here I come with my newest project.
After my "doodling" of What if Avias B.534 (in czech popularly named "Fivehundred") I go to the build of two kits of "Avia B.534 International".
They are from Eduard in 1:48 scale.
Both are a Weekend Edition,series III and IV. Previously I built one "Fivehundred" in so-called mobilisation camouflage,that was proposed for all czechoslovak military aircraft in 1938. But this was "Profi Pack" from Eduard.

I hope,that work will go quickly,because I make this kits straight from the boxes with minimum adjustments,except camouflages of course ;D
But seatbelts will be troblesome for me  :-\
At first I think,that srs.III will by french and srs.IV an deserted RAF.But......maybe eventually will be all otherwise... :unsure:

TsrJoe

very nice, the camouflaged example looks really good too  :thumbsup: looking forward to seeing how the current ones turn out (your Finnish or Baltic schemed examples would look neat in model form too)  :blink:

cheers, joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

PR19_Kit

PantherG, why does the 'Fivehundred' have those bulges on the cockpit sides? I can see from your interior shots that some of the controls are in them, but does it have a particularly narrow fuselage?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ChernayaAkula

^ Those bulges house the machine guns and their ammo feeds. CLICKY!

Looking forward to your whiffed Fivehundreds, Panther! :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

PantherG

Like say "BlackShark" : This bulges covers machine guns. On I.series they are smallest,because on the sides was only one MG on each side. From II. serie there was 2 on each side. And Avia Bk.534 have smallest bulges again,because this machine was proponed to bore a Cannon fired thru the propeller axis.

P.S. All about "fivehundreds" is in book from MBI and this book is bilingual (czech and english text) with more photos and very nice drawings.

P.P.S. and something is here too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avia_B-534

Mossie

Very nice real world example!  Must admit, the Serie IV looks like it would suit a monoplane conversion.  Looking forward to seeing what you do with them! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PantherG

So....only What if thing on these two kits will be ONLY colours and marking....

PantherG

PantherG

So.....next little progres.....basic gluing is ready,a drop of filling and sanding too.....Surfacer is on place and first colors too.....

B.534 series III will be on RAF midle East scheme (probably from Iraq) and B.534 series IV will be from Armée de´l Air (probably from Indochina or Syria)....

PantherG

....a little slowly progress ...after long time...

upnorth

Quote from: Mossie on July 26, 2011, 02:23:43 AM
Very nice real world example!  Must admit, the Serie IV looks like it would suit a monoplane conversion.  Looking forward to seeing what you do with them! :thumbsup:

Oh great! Now you've given me a reason to go out and buy the RS 1/72 Serie IV and see if I can make a Czechoslovak Fury/Hurricane equvalent!  :banghead:  :thumbsup:

PantherG:
That is great work. It looks particularly good in French colours.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Maverick

Coming along well Panther.  I love the B.534, especially the later series (IV?) with the canopy.  Looking forward to these with anticipation.

Regards,

Mav

NARSES2

Lovely but that French one is gorgeous  :wub:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

oliv30330

yes very good idea, I like the B534, it's a good base for working

Pablo1965

The Avia B.534 is a nice plane, your scheme is very interesting. I like  :thumbsup: