LF interior parts from the Revell Antonov 124

Started by Hobbes, July 24, 2011, 04:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

I'm looking for the parts that make up the cargo bay of this kit: floor, walls and ceiling. If you build the kit in closed form, you won't need these parts.

(I'm going to try and fit them in a Short Belfast).

Scooterman

PR19_Kit

Hobbes,

I just may have them from a scrapper I didn't finish. They're partly painted, would that work?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

I just dug the bits of this out, and I've already glued most of it together, leaving one side off so I could start painting.  :-\

That my not suit your purposes of course, but if it does you're surely welcome to them.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Hobbes

Hi Kit,
paint and glue are no problem, I'll have to cut the parts to size anyway. I just checked the Belfast: hadn't realized it's so much smaller than the An-124.
The main problem in building an interior is those curved sides with the visible fuselage frames. I suspect adapting the An-124 interior will be easier than trying to scratchbuild all those frames.

The An-124 kit is a more suitable donor than the C-17, I think. The C-17 interior is moulded in a single piece for each side, with lots of C-17 specific details. The An-124 is simpler, so it'll be easier to adapt.

kitnut617

Harro, the Belfast is closer in size to the An-22, I've got one of each in 1/72 in the stash.
The A model kit comes with a vacuformed cargo interior but I think I'm in the wrong scale here. But maybe that is a route to go if there's a 1/144 An-22 around.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Hobbes

The only 1/144 An-22 is the Anigrand one, and that doesn't have an interior.

kitnut617

Do you want some photos of the An-22 interior parts, you might be able to scratch build a 1/144th set from them ?

Hobbes

This is the An-124:

You see the inside of the walls with the fuselage frames that run perpendicular to the walls. To do those frames I'd need to cut dozens of crescent shapes from plasticcard and glue them to the wall. Using the An-124 panels would be a lot quicker.

kitnut617

Hmm! I see what you mean.

Although the interior doesn't look like that, back when I got my Magna kit I played with the idea of detailing the cargo area, I found this photo of one on the internet. I'm not sure if all the Belfasts got kitted out the same though.

Hobbes

Yeah, I noticed that too when I checked my photos. But the ceiling does show the ribbed structure:

kitnut617

I hadn't seen that one Harro, very revealing, Do you think that is all sound proofing then ?  Reading my book on the C-133 (another aircraft of similar size) it mentions just how noisy it was in the cargo area during flight

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Scooterman

Quote from: kitnut617 on July 25, 2011, 12:49:05 PM
Reading my book on the C-133 (another aircraft of similar size) it mentions just how noisy it was in the cargo area during flight

Dude, I've been in C-5, C-141, C-130, and KC-135 cargo bays and let me tell you, they're ALL noisy! ;D

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Hobbes on July 25, 2011, 01:39:01 AM
Hi Kit,
paint and glue are no problem, I'll have to cut the parts to size anyway.

OK, PM incoming.

Regards
Kit