O

1/48 Hase George

Started by Ollie, June 15, 2004, 04:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ollie

This is the ex-Mania kit, very fine kit.  Went up quickly and the resulting model is stunning.  Only low point is the kit's decals, they are crap, just like they usually are in Hase kits...

Ollie

Ollie

Ollie

Allan

Ollie,
Whose green and grey do you use?
Brush or airbrush?
And, most important of all, how do you do the yellow leading edges?
Allan

Ollie

Hi Alan!

I used Gunze IJN Green and Grey and for the leading edges, I used Gunze Insignia Yellow.  What I do is that I prime the area first with Tamiya IJN Grey then shoot the yellow, and then I mask before finishing the rest of the paint scheme.

I have an Iwata Eclipse BCS.

B)  

Allan

Hi Ollie,
Thanks for the info.

I'm a brush painter myself, except for the occasion use of a rattle can.

Allan

Allan

has anyone tried decals for those pesky leading edge yellow areas on Japanese planes?
Allan

John Howling Mouse

Wow, another completed project, executed with the usual impressive degree of quality.

Um, I suppose school's out but you DO still have to work for a living, no, Ollie?

^_^  :huh:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

NARSES2

Quotehas anyone tried decals for those pesky leading edge yellow areas on Japanese planes?
Allan
I've used the Hasegawa supplied decals on my 1/72 scale jobs. Found them ok, but I'm not competition standard by a huge margin.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Allan

you're not the only one.
Me, I don't really like comps
just put my models up for all to have a look at and then take them home
Allan

Ollie

I wish I had a job now Barry...  But things have screwed all over the place, including my back-up plan.

So I'm completing my chopper lessons and will try to find something after that...

I would like to do my instructor course, since that would guarranty me a job afterwards.  But the old man is not too keen on that...

<_<  :(  

nev

Why not?  You get to fly for a living  :f16:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

John Howling Mouse

QuoteI wish I had a job now Barry...  But things have screwed all over the place, including my back-up plan.

So I'm completing my chopper lessons and will try to find something after that...

I would like to do my instructor course, since that would guarranty me a job afterwards.  But the old man is not too keen on that...

<_<  :(
That's too bad.  You might have to come out West to land of plenty.   ;)

What was your major at school again?

Isn't your dad also an aviator?  Doesn't want you doing that for a living?   :huh:

Should we start a petition?   ^_^  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ollie

My dad flies, but that's not his job.  My major was in Management in a business school.

I'll talk to him again...