K

Avia B.735 1/72 KP-almost done

Started by karlik, July 20, 2011, 12:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlik

Hello all,
Because IL-62 Awacs /NATO Code Mayhem/ is very long-term project, I started this short-term project.
It is based on 1/72 kit Avia B-35 from KP. I'll add the retractable landing gear /as in reality Avia B-135/, three-blade propeller and especially bubble canopy from Tempest, thereby forcing the reduction of the fuselage behind the cocpit and equipment in the wings.

Photos coming soon

http://www.winglmodels.cz/winglmodels/5-FOTO/5-Avia-B-35

karlik

karlik

I do not know how it goes  :wacko:
connect the canopy will be worse than I expected  :banghead:

Army of One

Looking good so far.....keep it going... :thumbsup:......what armament will it have....?
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

karlik

due to the low profile of wings, it is big deal, I thinking 2 * 20 mm canons and 2* /maybe 4*/.303 machine guns something like Spitfire

Pablo1965

Very interesting option. This plane needed something of developement like this.  :thumbsup:

karlik

Army of One

Coming song just fine there...
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

sequoiaranger

I like the Avia fighters. Some people don't realize that when the winning, new Bf-109 swept the categories at the Zurich international air meet in 1937, that the biplane Avia B 534 beat all the others EXCEPT the 109!

Just a suggestion before you get too far on this worthy project:

The original B.35 spec called for a cannon mounted in the engine firing through the spinner. Will yours carry one? The Avia used the same engine as the Soviet Yak-1, Yak-9 which had such cannon.

BTW, the Avia's engine rotated opposite those of Merlins, etc., so "needs" a propeller with opposite pitch if you want to stay "true" to the concept (as a whif, of course, you are free to use whatever you like). A Yak prop-and-spinner with the cannon jutting out might fill the bill all around.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

karlik

Quote from: sequoiaranger on July 25, 2011, 08:30:55 AM
The original B.35 spec called for a cannon mounted in the engine firing through the spinner. Will yours carry one? The Avia used the same engine as the Soviet Yak-1, Yak-9 which had such cannon.

BTW, the Avia's engine rotated opposite those of Merlins, etc., so "needs" a propeller with opposite pitch if you want to stay "true" to the concept (as a whif, of course, you are free to use whatever you like). A Yak prop-and-spinner with the cannon jutting out might fill the bill all around.

And hell  :banghead:, with the propeller you are right :thumbsup: :bow:, I add another from Yak 3
with a gun in the engine do not count, 3 * 20mm is too much  ;D
Thanks for your insight  :cheers:
remains to landing gear, remake propeller and today is finish, photos coming soon

karlik

almost done :drink:, it failed too :banghead:, sometime in the future  ;D finish wash
It remotely reminds Curtiss P40Q
http://www.aviastar.org/air/usa/curtiss_p-40q.php

for comparison with real Avia B35

and with Spitfire Mk.V

sequoiaranger

My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Taiidantomcat

I like that a lot!  :o Very quick build as well  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Nice one  :thumbsup: Always liked the Czech camo scheme
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

karlik

thanks all  :bow:
It was a bit hasty project, could be done better  :banghead:, but AWACS waiting   ;D
next short-term project will Mi17CSAR /inspired by AH-60DAP/ or Kamov 29 - czechoslovak border guard  :blink: