Sci FI VTOL

Started by puddingwrestler, July 17, 2011, 12:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

Okay chaps, I think I am in. I have a 1/72 Comanche and a 1/72 Apache coming my way. The plan is to scale-o-rama and kitbash them together to make a 1:100/15mm scale tilt jet VTOL for use with my also upcoming GruntZ army. Until I see the parts and get a feel of the size and what I can do with them, I'm not sure exactly what role this VTOL will fill, probably gunship or transport, but not sure right now.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

puddingwrestler

Parts have arrived and the thinking cap is going on.

puddingwrestler

Here is the barely begun hulk of the as yet unnamed VTOL transport. All I've done so far is cut the tail off and start blocking in some of the new bodywork. The chaps near the back are Eureka 15mm Ventaurans (they're closer to 20mm tall, being strapping lads in armour and all that) for scale reference.

Cobra

Hey puddingwrestler, ok if i give you a Suggestion for your VTOL Name? how about calling it,"Shadow Wolf"? would that work for you? hope this helps.Dan

puddingwrestler

Dunno, I'm trying to go with something simultaneously completely non-cliched (ie: predator, bird of prey, snake etc.) and somethinh which suggests corporate ownership. This belongs to the security forces of a mining company. I'm not even totally sure it's english speaking either. I rarely name something this early in the process, I prefer to see what it looks like first.

puddingwrestler

Here's the latest progress on the un named VTOL. A timely shipment of tube and plasticard arrived today, so things are moving along smoothly.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Sticky Fingers

Taiidantomcat

At this point you could leave it as in and i will still be in love  :wub:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

puddingwrestler

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on July 28, 2011, 10:38:02 AM
At this point you could leave it as in and i will still be in love  :wub:

The shape is finished, just a matter of PSR and fitting the vertical launch missile racks to the top.

deathjester

Very nice - reminds me of the vtol's from the ps1 game 'G-Police'.  Nice work!

arkon

ok so is this now 1/48 with one guy killin everyone or 1/72  with in the slaughter?
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

puddingwrestler

no, it's 15mm scale. That is approximately 1:122 or so. It's a wargames scale, so the number refers to the height of the average man.
Also it was inspired by G Police.
Also I am making DANGER MOUSE decals to fit on to it.
Because I can.

puddingwrestler

PSR continues. The cockpit is fitted, and I've built the tilt jet support pylons from AH-64 parts. I've also just recieved a shipment of shiny things from Critical Mass Games, so I can see how it compares to a 15mm APC size wise.

buzzbomb

It's noice.

Rotary nozzles do it for me

:ph34r: