The Flags of AU Earth

Started by Cmdr_Blop, July 11, 2011, 10:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cmdr_Blop

Hello, all...

A good buddy of mine TaiidanTomcat from the Ace Combat Skies forum suggested I join up here to share some of my 2D alternate-universe artwork with you... specifically, the flags of an AU Earth. Some of my flags are from the Ace Combat series of video games, some are from TV shows, and others are of my own design for my own AU project. Enjoy, and feel free to comment, question, and request!

Empire of Japan (AU Earth)

Republic of Cyprus (AU Earth)

Federal Republic of Germany (AU Earth)

United Arab Emirates (AU Earth)

Texas Reach (AU Earth)

More to come.

Taiidantomcat

Great to have you here!  :thumbsup:

Japan: Who would have thought that adding light blue would make such a difference  :o

Cyprus: Can see the Greek influence, and it looks very nice

Germany: Pure Class  :bow:

UAE: You could fool people with that. That looks very real  :thumbsup:

And the Texas Star! Living in TX I am amazed to see how many people have the state outline, state flag, or both tattooed. I could open up a tattoo parlor and sell about 100 of those TX stars the first week!!

These are wonderful, and I can't wait to see more  :cheers:

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Cmdr_Blop

^

Thank you all, for the kind words. Whenever I design a new flag, I always try to take into account the meaning and history of the original, so that the new one reflects that, yet does so in a bold and artistic way. Here are some more:

Russian Union (AU Earth)

Kingdom of Gath ("Kings" - NBC)

Republic of Emmeria (Ace Combat)

More to come.

Cmdr_Blop

A few more:

Principality of Belka (Ace Combat)

Republic of Ustio (Ace Combat)

Osean Federation (Ace Combat)

People's Union of China (AU Earth)

New York (AU Earth)

More to come.

ALVAMA

I quite looking foward to see more!
Победим! Неповиновение! Время пришло! хочешь мира, готовься к войне. ты морячка я моряк

Taiidantomcat

I am a big fan of Black and yellow so the Gath and Belkan flags are making me grin.

I really like the Russian flag, I know in another thread you added the sickle and hammer and that center white space could work with Red stars, The double headed eagle, Traditional Russian aircraft roundel, or even the new Russian roundel The sky is the limit on that one!

The Ace Combat flags are top notch- wonderful detail. Appreciate the Parentheses as well to learn the origins of your inspiration

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Cmdr_Blop

^

Thanks. Yeah, but I far prefer this version of the Russian flag... there are times when less is more, and I think that the simpler and cleaner look of this one is better than cluttering it up with emblems. That's one thing I'm learning as I do these flags... what works, and what doesn't.

Cmdr_Blop

A few more:

Democratic Federation of Wellow (Ace Combat)

Commonwealth (Personal Project)

Island Nation of Propaganda (AU Earth)

Federative Republic of Brazilia (AU Earth)

More to come.

Cmdr_Blop

Three more:

Federal Republic of Erusea (Ace Combat)

Italian Republic (AU Earth)

Australian Confederacy (AU Earth)

More to come.

Taiidantomcat

I plan on using that stylized Kangaroo on a model. It is such an eye catcher  :wub: Is the Italian coat of arms official? Or is it all your own making?  :o

Cmdr_Blop

The Italian seal is official.

Zombolt

I really liked your work when you posted it on ACS. I'm Jason over there BTW.

Cmdr_Blop

Here's a new one:

Terran Confederation (Wing Commander)

I am also working on a version of this one from the film. More to come.

dy031101

To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here