A-129 Mangusta (Italeri 1/72)

Started by Darkfold, July 08, 2011, 08:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkfold

Our comrade Jiří Novák (Novis on modelforum.cz) build for summer Helicopter cup this A-129 Mangusta in camo of Army of Czech Republic.Model is from Italeri and is in scale 1/72

Army of One

Awesome stuff....!!!! I take it that that is the twin 23mm gun turret from a Mi 24 Hind on the nose....???
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

RotorheadTX

Scooterman

Oh yeah, this too is great.  I think these colors might fall into the WMD* category.  Trying to picture that scheme on a CH-47.....  :wub:

Do you know or can you find out what colors/paints he used for that?  I'm really starting to think about that Chinook.

(*whif of mass destruction-color schemes that look good on anything eg. Israeli sand/tan/green, JASDF 2 tone blue)

ChernayaAkula

Now that's just great!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Scooterman on July 08, 2011, 08:16:49 PM
<...> I think these colors might fall into the WMD* category.  <...>

(*whif of mass destruction-color schemes that look good on anything eg. Israeli sand/tan/green, JASDF 2 tone blue)

I concur!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

frank2056

Quote from: Scooterman on July 08, 2011, 08:16:49 PM
Oh yeah, this too is great.  I think these colors might fall into the WMD* category.  Trying to picture that scheme on a CH-47.....e)

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking of stealing borrowing this color scheme! I looked at the Vallejo color swatches and  OK matches to what's on the screen are Barley Grey for the lighter gray, Medium Sea Grey for the darker gray and Olive Drab for the green.

Darkfold

Chopper was painted by Humbrol colours:

Upper parts - Green 155, Light Grey 64 and Dark Grey 125

Lower parts - Grey 166

Army of One

Darkfold......great stuff...!!!! Many thanks.... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Scooterman

Quote from: Darkfold on July 09, 2011, 02:11:16 PM
Chopper was painted by Humbrol colours:

Upper parts - Green 155, Light Grey 64 and Dark Grey 125

Lower parts - Grey 166

:drink: :thumbsup:

Scooterman

One more question if I may.............lo-vis markings came from where?

novis

Thanks, it's such a small group with Merlin HC.3 and C-27J

Taiidantomcat

That is all kinds of great right there  :bow:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike