Blackburn Bridlington

Started by tigercat, July 04, 2011, 02:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigercat

The ugly sister to the Beverely's Cinderella.  A 4 engined transport with fixed undercarriage converted into the Antisubmarine role and armed with missiles.

Although halfway through the paint applications it does have a certain elegance in the same way that a whale does.

tigercat

tigercat

Stargazer

Delightfully ugly, as only an English ugly aircraft can be!!!  :thumbsup:

deathjester

Christ Almighty!  It'd be like being attacked by a cliff face! :o

Seriously, that is some brilliant work so far :thumbsup:

tigercat

Thanks  ;D

It's got the  Sterling wing so that should make it fairly manoeuvable. I'm guessing reverse pitching the propellors on the engines on 1 wing for tighter turns is not advisable in flight ? It is probably one of the only transports with nose cannons.

It was partly inspired by the Beverly Interceptor in the Bad Ideas thread.

Mossie

Funnily enough I was in Brid weekend before last!  I like this, kind of a Beverley on steroids.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Taiidantomcat

Reminds me of Tailspin!  :wub: That is high praise in my book!  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

tigercat

http://www.seelowe-nord.co.uk/about-the-author/

I can reccommend this book Seelowe Nord where the germans invade Bridie.

John Howling Mouse

I love this.  It's like the Uzi of aircraft: ugly, as you've pointed out, but in the most cool, utilitarian way imaginable!  And refreshingly original.   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Rheged

Quote from: James on July 05, 2011, 01:46:09 PM
Nice one!  :thumbsup:

I agree! It wouldn't need armament, seeing that thing coming at you would probably terrify you into surrender.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Captain Canada

I was looking for the Beverly thread and found this beast ! Nice one. Ugly, yes.... but also very cool ! Did it ever get more finished looking ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

KJ_Lesnick

That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

NARSES2

Maybe because the Russian's actually built the flying submarine they were toying with ?  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.