Wanted 1/44 SRN4 Interior

Started by Gondor, July 02, 2011, 10:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Having recently bought one of the old Airfix kits of this craft I found that only half of the necessary interior is provided as the kit was designed to have a partial clear roof! However noticing that there are obviously windows in the other half of the craft I want to have some interior that side as well even though I will be painting the whole of the roof.

Does anyone have a spare interior for this kit or part of one or even know where I can get an interior?

Thanks in advance

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

McColm

Hi,
I could send you my spares, as I'm building a Whiff landing craft made from two kits or try King Kit.com,
Regards,
Steven

Gondor

Quote from: McColm on July 04, 2011, 03:36:32 AM
Hi,
I could send you my spares, as I'm building a Whiff landing craft made from two kits or try King Kit.com,
Regards,
Steven

That would be wonderful Steven. I actually bought my kit from King Kit for a very reasonable price and I am sure that they only deal if complete kits anyway.
PM me your address and a list of what you would like in return and if I can do so I will help out or reimburse you.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

PR19_Kit

AFAIK you may have to do some scratch-building there as the interior walls will be handed, although the seats should swap RHS to LHS OK. I'm 130 miles from my SRN4s so I can't be 100% sure about that though.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Thank you for your concern about the parts PR19_Kit, it is the seats and other add in bits I am after if McCalm has them spare. Parts 64 through to part 117 inclusive is all the seats, tables and other bits and pieces that go inside the walls. Not sure now as I look at the plans again, parts 64 through to parts 85 might not be seen as they are in the interior cabin area but then it is always better safe than sorry and at least I will know the detail is there.

Gondor

Gondor

I am thinking that it would probably be easier to build the Hovercraft built with the skirt kilt inflated which means that I will need a crew but I have no idea where to look for suitable figures or which brand is the best to buy or which is the best value for money etc....

Gondor

Green Dragon

Preiser do a range of figures in 1/144th and Wave in Japan do some science fiction ground crew and pilots from Gundam which might be usable.
Loads of shops stock Preiser, Hobby Link Japan and Starship Modeler should have the Wave figs.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

McColm

Thanks Green Dragon,
I'll check those out.
Regards,
McColm

PR19_Kit

Most N gauge railway figures will work OK too. They can be 1/160 or 1/148 depending if they're Euro/US or Brit market figures, but the actual difference in size is miniscule when you're looking at something as a big as an SRN4.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit