F-107

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, July 01, 2011, 01:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Started in the spring (I think), but I lost my enthusiasm for 'What If' building almost as soon as I started work, and have been building real world projects constantly all year so far. Anyhoos, I brought this to the top of the pile last weekend and finished it off this evening. Not one of my better models by a l-o-n-g way, but it's OK... ish !

As you can see there's a pair of launcher rails under the inner wing, in time I'll arm it with four AIM-9's and add a pair of underwing drop tanks too. As ever thanks for taking the time to look, I'l do my best to answer any questions, comments and criticisms.

AFN

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Supertom

Sweet!  Where did you get the pylons from, by the way?

"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Army of One

Great work sir...... :thumbsup: but can I be cheeky an ask for some pics of the Sandy in the background please.....?  ;D
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Martin H

wondered where you had got to Ian :) The F 107 is looking good from this end mate
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

ChernayaAkula

Jolly nice work!  :thumbsup: The F-107 looks great in operational colours.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Stargazer

I love that Ultra Sabre!!  :thumbsup:

Alvis 3.14159

John Howling Mouse

Very inspiring....your builds are so meticulous.   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Scooterman

BONZER!

Veddy niiiiiice, my brother!  :ph34r:

reddfoxx

Maverick

Looks the part Ian & that's what counts.

Regards,

Mav

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Thanks folks, you're w-a-a-a-y too kind, it really isn't too good in the flesh. OK, some answers:

Supertom - Pylons are from a FROG Hunter, rails are from the spares box and probably came from a Hasegawa Phantom as you always get both USN & USAF styles in their kits.

Army of One - The Skyraider was built for the Vietnam War GB over on Britmodeller. The build thread is here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=61864, if you want to see more pics of the finished model, check the "Completed Build" section of the same forum... It got second-place in the poll !!

I will complete a build for the 1941 theme at this years Telford, I promise... which reminds me, was anybody else doing a USN neutrality patrol Wellington in 1:48 ??  - No... just me then :blink:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

karlik

Cobra

Superb Job,Ian :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You did Great with Paint,Decals,and Display! Hope to see More Great Work like this! BTW,tell me if you Agree, this Plane looks like something you'd see in an Episode of Thunderbirds! Keep up the Great work :cheers: :cheers: Dan