R

Mystery model - anyone ID this??

Started by RotorheadTX, June 27, 2011, 07:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotorheadTX

Hanging from the ceiling in a shop far away....

PR19_Kit

It should be in here!  :thumbsup:

Never seen anything like that before, looks great.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

Don't have a clue what it is, but I know I want one!  :wub:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Tuck

Looks in all honesty like a heavily modified F-111 fuselage and tail with HP Victor wings and horiz. stabilizers.  Nice job! :bow:
"I do this hobby for fun not to be nitpicked, and that's one reason i love this place (What-If) so much, its not necessarily the quality, its the 'spirit' of the build or idea that's important..."-Beowulf

pyro-manic

The nose is very F-111-ish, for sure.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Weaver

My best guess is that the fuselage, engines and fin are from a Valiant (must be the very old (1/96th?) one), the outer wings are scaleorama'd Hunter, and the gear, tanks and possibly the tailplanes are Harrier
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

Stargazer

Hunter wings and Aardvark nose, definitely.

Now whether it is based on a real project or not, I couldn't say, but it sure has an Armstrong Whitworth or Gloster feel to it... :rolleyes:

PR19_Kit

The proportions mirror the Gloster E1/44 a tad for sure, but with a pointy nose and wing sweep of course.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit