Hawker Hellion

Started by deathjester, June 26, 2011, 03:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathjester

Alternate timeline date:
3rd September 1943

Near the Tasmanian coast

Lt. Kurashita grinned into his oxygen mask as he gently banked his Zero towards the tight group of Allied C-46 Commandoes cruising slowly over the mountain range - joy evident in his voice as he ordered his flight into attack position.  Strange, he thought - no fighter cover on these transports.  He checked all around for any sign of fighters - nothing!  

Kurashita and his wingman roared down on the last two C-46's in the group, and, just as he leant forward in anticipation of their imminent victory, it happened....

....A garbled radio call, and a thunderous explosion off his starboard wing signalled the death of Kurashita's wingman - and as he pulled up hard to avoid the flaming wreckage, he caught a flash of swept wings and stabbing exhaust flames.

In a wild rage Kurashita swung round hard, and dove after the interloper, but it accelerated away as though his Zero were standing still....then he thought to check his mirror, and gasped in horror.  Streaming down from high above were more of the deadly fighters, and as he watched, red-hot tracers began reaching for him....

The model:

What to do, I wondered.  I haven't built anything since the PR7, and I've got a commission to finish!
In my experience, the only thing to do is forge ahead, and build something to break the doldrums!

This is a real bitz box special, with 'some Japanese Bomber fuselage' (tm), unknown swept wings from the Darkmaster, and half a Wyvern prop from the Wooksta - so, let us see what transpires! :wacko: :wacko:

dumaniac

Looks interesting if nothing else - look forward to the finished product

upnorth

I do rather like that. :thumbsup:

However, it has more of a Republic than Hawker look aboutit.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

bobbo

Oh, the POTENTIAL!!!!!!!

bobbo

Stargazer

Stunning design! Can't wait to see it finished!  :thumbsup:

Pablo1965

Really is a brilliant desing. I follow this thread closely.  :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:

tc2324

Thats a great looking concept Deathstar. :thumbsup: Looking forward to the u/c arrangement. Looks a bit tricky. :wacko:

.......Oh, and by the way, what did happen to Lt. Kurashita?
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Gondor

The wings look like the outer part of a Frog Sea Vixen's wings, from the wing fold out.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

sequoiaranger

Sounds like an Admiral with whom I am well acquainted!  ;D

I recognize the B7A fuselage.

Looks like a lot of fun. What's the "thingy" in the "bomb-bay"?

My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

JayBee

Methinks that thingy is the undercarriage, although it looks like Hawker had some help from DeHavilland :wacko:

Other than that My Gob is thoroughly Smacked and my Flabber is truly Gasted :rolleyes:

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

deathjester

Quote from: JayBee on June 27, 2011, 08:45:57 AM
Methinks that thingy is the undercarriage, although it looks like Hawker had some help from DeHavilland :wacko:

Other than that My Gob is thoroughly Smacked and my Flabber is truly Gasted :rolleyes:

Nope - 'tis a turbosupercharger for her Rolls-Royce Crecy!

sequoiaranger

>Methinks that thingy is the undercarriage, although it looks like Hawker had some help from DeHavilland<
>Nope - 'tis a turbosupercharger for her Rolls-Royce Crecy!<

And I suppose the slots in the underside of the wing will be for spatted landing gear??  :wacko:

My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

deathjester

Quote from: sequoiaranger on June 27, 2011, 10:44:25 AM
>Methinks that thingy is the undercarriage, although it looks like Hawker had some help from DeHavilland<
>Nope - 'tis a turbosupercharger for her Rolls-Royce Crecy!<

And I suppose the slots in the underside of the wing will be for spatted landing gear??  :wacko:

Mmm, tempting thought!  AHAH! Retractable spats! - I knew I'd get to use them someday!

Taiidantomcat

very pleasing to the eye!  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.