Coventry model show 2011

Started by Martin H, June 26, 2011, 12:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

Today was the Coventry model show, held as per usual at the SIG's home of the Midland Air Museum.
As a result this is Howard of Effingham's & my home show.

The What if? sig has had a stand at this event for as long as ive been associated with IPMS Coventry & Warwickshire, and leader of the SIG.
It wasnt mentioned on here for some reason. Yet we mangaed to put on a fine display. I even managed to bump into Steel Penguin as well :)
Models on the stand came from Myself, Trevor (Howard of Effingham), Kit Spackman (PR19kit), Geoff Payne (Geoff P), Richard Brooker & the Grumpy old modeler himself, Mike McEvoy. Oh and Radish was knocking around on the Stafford stand.

The photos can be found here Coventry Photos
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Steel Penguin

Lovely show i have to say, bright blue skies, friendly non modelers, excellent staff there  talkative, interesting and happy to let you take photos of the awkward to get bits if you asked nicely and they could do so without endangering outhers, and lovely stuff on display as well.
Hi to all i met up with all again and sorry to have missed any of you. I must say that the displays that seem to be permanent round the museum are definitely worth going to see, a true cornucopia of Wif wonders.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Hobbes

Looks like a nice display.

I'm curious about this one:

I don't remember seeing this on the forum before?

PR19_Kit

Like everyone else I had a great time at Coventry, first show I've been to for a while and enjoyed the banter and friendship that's always apparent with the Whiff crew. But was it ever HOT! my car registered 34 C as a highest temp. during the day, I'm glad I wasn't in it!

The other model clubs seem to be slowly moving to The Dark Side, numerous Whiff type models being apparent on various stands, and some were pretty subtle. I've posted some pics of the Whiff SIG stand and some of the other clubs Whiff type models below.

First Us :-

And now them :-

Maybe not Whiffs but in our area anyway, these two drones are MINUTE! They're 1/72 BTW

Loved this Hurricane! It's painted like a WWII vintage B&W photo!

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Hobbes

The one on the left of this picture caught my eye. A V-bomber that's painted in camo on the left, AG white on the right side? Marvellous.

Mr.Creak

Quote from: Hobbes on June 27, 2011, 01:14:07 AM
The one on the left of this picture caught my eye. A V-bomber that's painted in camo on the left, AG white on the right side? Marvellous.
V bomber?
Looks more like a Vampire/ Venom to me (in 1/32?) and NOT AG white but naked plastic to my eyes.

Edit: now there's an idea: scale-o-rama a 32 scale Vampire/ Venom into a late '40s 72 scale "V bomber"...
What if... I had a brain?

PR19_Kit

It was the 1/32 scale Vemom NF3 displayed in a rather different way, showing different phases of model building.

Starting on the forward starboard corner it showed the parts being assembled, with some on wire stand-offs before being positioned. Starboard aft corner showed the PSR work, port aft showed the painting and port forward showed the completed article, with decals etc.

It was quite explanitory once you'd figured out what it was about, but at first sight it looked bizarre!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Nice selection lads...glad you enjoyed yourselves  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Hey?? Where's me space rockets?? ;D
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Stargazer

Some awesome stuff here. I'm especially enamoured with the BAe Barracuda, the French Sécurité Civile Beriev and the British Ford Trimotor... The B&W Hurricane is great too.

Was the EAP a re-creation, or did a company actually market a resin version of it?

Mr.Creak

Pegasus did a limited-run very horrible injection EAP at one time, it may be that one.
What if... I had a brain?

Hobbes

It's probably the Silver Cloud kit, which is mainly resin. It was available from Freightdog, but they don't have it on their site atm.

PR19_Kit

That EAP was a Silver Cloud one, I chatted to the builder as he'd made such a superb job of it.

Regards
Kit

Martin H

Quote from: Stargazer2006 on June 27, 2011, 04:42:24 AM
the French Sécurité Civile Beriev

that Beriev Is a Martin Marlin LOL
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Hobbes

I didn't realize what was going on here until I read the card: