Eurocopter EC145/EC645/UH-72 Lakota

Started by Spey_Phantom, June 19, 2011, 02:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

surprised that i havent found a topic on this aircraft yet, with revell releasing at least 1 new variation of the EC145 every year, i thought why not think about the huge whiff- possibilities of this chopper.

i was thinking it could be not only a good UH-1 replacement, but also a A-109 and Lynx replacement.
ive been thinking of various derivatives:

-Anti-Tank:

a derivative based on the armed EC645/UH-72B offer to the US Army. onmy i would modify it into a light anti-tank helicopter similar in armament to either the Lynx AH.7 (with TOW's) or the german Bo105.
i would also intall a Helios observation scope, like those that were used on Belgiums A109's (Helios recently withdrawn from service).

-Naval Derivative:

would make a great replacement for the Lynx on smaller corvettes & frigates, i would replace the ski-undercariage with a tricycle wheeled undercariage like the Sea Lynx or navy HAL Dhruv.
maybe ad some Sea Skua or Torpedo racks on that little bugger  ;D

anyway, the possibilities are endless....
here's a few images, just to get a good idea..

EC645  :mellow:

here's a flemish version i build some time ago as an exsample  :mellow:
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php?topic=27057.0

EC145T2 (version with fenestron tail rotor and EC135 tail)

and the US version, the UH-72 Lakota

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Army of One

I would really like to do one of the Metroplitan Police choppers......I can near enough do a walkround of pics at shport notice. The 1/72 kit comes with a good array of external stuff that would be useful. Decals be the problem. I know 'Peddinghouse' do some but have been told they have many problems........ 
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

rallymodeller

For whiffing parts, the Revell 1/32 EC-135 "Zermatt" version comes with all the bits for all Revell-released versions, including the sling fitting for the belly, stretchers and internal bits for the air-ambulance, underview mirrors, two different rescue hoists, a FLIR turret and spotlight for the  Police version, three complete interiors and four different skid options (including high-risers and "bearpaws" for snow). I was actually surprised at the amount of greeblies it comes with. Seems they just packed the sprue with the rescue bits in with everything else.

Mind you, it's a bear of a kit (I heard that it was one of Matchbox's last) but for the price and the sheer amount of stuff it's worth it.
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Spey_Phantom

same parts can be found in the new 1/72 EC145 police/gendarmerie. this version also comes with spotlight, SAR hoist, FLIR,...
im gonna transfer these extra's to the EC145 demonstrator kit (yellow mould), as im gonna use the white moulded kit for a RW EC145 OO-NHB.

could be used as a SAR helicopter for the luftwaffe, replacing the UH-1D  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: GTX on June 20, 2011, 12:23:09 AM
UAV variant!!!

Regards,

Greg
i know the quote is 2 years late, but regarding that idea  :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z9LdL-VA3E

so, who's the Eurocopter spy here  :angry:

anyhow, Kazakhstan now has ordered the EC145 for its Air Force.

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

deathjester

Quote from: Army of One on June 19, 2011, 08:09:50 AM
I would really like to do one of the Metroplitan Police choppers......I can near enough do a walkround of pics at shport notice. The 1/72 kit comes with a good array of external stuff that would be useful. Decals be the problem. I know 'Peddinghouse' do some but have been told they have many problems........ 
Something I can help with?  With some decent photos, I can come up with something...

DarrenP

would like to see these replacing AAC Gazelles

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Is that a trainer to replace the old Kiowa ? Too flashy...needs more 'square' demarcation of the red.

I saw lots of them when I was at school in Grand Prairie TX......neat birds !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

As I recall the Army is using them for base and range support, Hueys were too old and Blackhawks were too expensive for the job.
"conduct homeland security, administrative, logistic, medical evacuation (MEDEVAC) and support of the army test and training centers missions."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurocopter_UH-72_Lakota

Looks like the Kiowas might get retired and more of these will take their place as trainers. The article explains the horse trading involved.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise