two planes I'm working on--Allan

Started by Allan, June 19, 2011, 12:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

It's the Airfix Mig 15 in Japanese markings and nose antenna, one of which has fallen off and will be reattached later.
The decals have gone on acceptably snugly, but not to my 100% satisfaction. Mr Mark Softer doesn't weave its usual majic any more.

And then we have a FW-190 that will be adorned with the yellow 14 and other associated markings of Marseille's plane. I wasn't game enough to attempt mottling on this one. Just couldn't dare.

Allan in Canberra

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

beowulf

very interesting.................looking forward to seeing that Fw  :thumbsup:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

matrixone

Those look good Allan, the Mig would have looked even better in German markings. ;)

Matrixone

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Gondor

Quote from: matrixone on June 19, 2011, 12:45:41 PM
Those look good Allan, the Mig would have looked even better in German markings. ;)

Matrixone

I was thinking exactly the same thing as well as wondering if I could afford one of those kits at the moment to build said aircraft.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Allan

Thanks fellows!!!
Here's the completed Mig in fictitious Japanese markings and antenna doing nothing in particular.
I'll Hyperscale it later on, but as usual you fellows come first.
Allan in Canberra

Cobra

Awesome Job on the Mig,Allan :thumbsup: have you come up with a Backstory Yet? the way you have the Plane set up,You caould say it was Provided by an Unknown Source who wanted Japan to have a Nightfighter to Defend itself with. Keep up the Great Work :cheers: :cheers: Dan

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

What about the Fw 190? :unsure:

Allan,
I hope you don't give up on the idea of adding mottling to your models, just thin your paint down a little more and lower your PSI. If the paint seems too thin when you start to spray lower the PSI on your compressor down even more.
Earlier this year I built a couple of 1/144 scale Me 262s and when I was painting the mottling on them my paint was very thin and the PSI on the compressor was dialed down to under 5 PSI and when I pressed the trigger on the airbrush the PSI actually read 0. The thinner your paint is the more you must reduce the PSI from the compressor or the paint will spread on the models surface. Your Iwata HP-B Plus will need to have the paint watery thin to spray mottles without having them look spattered.

Matrixone

Taiidantomcat

It wouldn't be the same without the antennas up front. A Great idea, well executed  :wub:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Allan

thanks fellows--and here's the 190 in Marseille livery---as you can see the green bled a little through the yellow 14 decal, which surprised me as the decal is from a quality manufacturer
the undercarriage sort of toes in a little too much, but on the whole I'm pleased with this one
and yes, I really must try mottle next time
Allan in Canberra

trekaddict

Would it be possible to get a diorahma or background-less picture of this 190? As it happens I am writing an alternate History story where Marseille flies 190s..

sequoiaranger

VERY nicely built! No seams, etc!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

matrixone

Allan,
Nice work on both models! :thumbsup:

Matrixone