Ho-229 A-3 1946

Started by PantherG, June 15, 2011, 01:50:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PantherG

So....one of my kits from past year.....

Horten Ho-229 A-3 "Fledermaus"

This plane is from Stabschwarm (Staff Flight) JG-5 "Eismeer", Luftwaffe Air base Patreksfjördur , Iceland 1946

Kit is 1:72 Revell and camo scheme is my own,so called "Nordatlantischetarnanstrich" (North Atlantik camouflage scheme) and is published previously here in section "Profiles and CGI" in theme "PantherG´s doodles". But there Horten bear marking of another plane from the same unit..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

I'll echo that......great looking cam scheme..... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

dumaniac

great camo scheme for the Atlantic :thumbsup:

ChernayaAkula

All-round awesomeness!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

tc2324

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Rheged

Quote from: pyro-manic on June 16, 2011, 08:31:12 PM
Very nice indeed. :)

I agree. This is a very sound piece of work  and I am considerably impressed!

Is this why the R A F commissioned the BAT HAWK  long range air defence aircraft ?   Bat hawk (Macheiramphus alcinus)
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

sequoiaranger

With each whif I do I usually try to "invent" a camo to go with it. Germany, especially, seemed "retarded" in overwater camo with the jagged lines resembling land-use patterns on their overwater aircraft. The later "scribble" camo was a good idea, but there is lots of room for innovation. Yours is very nice.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

CANSO

Quote from: PantherG on June 15, 2011, 01:50:00 AM
...camo scheme is my own,so called "Nordatlantischetarnanstrich" (North Atlantik camouflage scheme)...
Every try to camouflage the Horten is in a way a Luft'46-what if-idea. 11 years ago I built the same Revell-model but in a typical Luftwaffe late war colours, freehand mottled. In any case I like your scheme more than the usual "broken glass" Luftwaffe style. The single swastika is also a nice touch. One question though: is there any particular reason to use a soft line between the 2 camo colours in the area of the trailing edge of the wing and a hard one in the area of the leading edge? The mottling is also hard lined instead of being e.g. freehand airbrushed. IMHO the Luft'46 camos should be more on the fast, freehand side rather than showing any usage of stencils, elaborated patterns etc.

Pablo1965

Nice scheme. I like the top view.  :thumbsup:

PantherG

CANSO:  My coleagues here in Czech asked me about the same: hard and soft lines between colors.
So... At first I sprayed Light grey (RLM 76),then masked main lines betveen colors with "Tack-It". Light blotches are masked in the same way. After spraying RLM 74 /75 and drying I make masks from tape and sprayed darkest blotches. But...on the trailing edge I make a few mistakes. Then I simply sprayed Light grey there. Without masking  :banghead:

But I think,that every model must have a "backgroun story".
So this "plane" suffered some damage from enemies (U.S Navy´s FH-1 Phantoms) and there was repaired....

I think it's a good explanation of why the kit is the way it is. :unsure:

P.S. I´m sorry for my poor english.... :bow:

dumaniac

PantherG - you English is just fine

when it comes to camo in 1946 - I never let the truth get in the way of ant nice scheme - your camo looks great - cheers

Dumaniac

Army of One

PantherG....your English is just fine......more of your creations please...... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!