RAF Falcon F.Mk.1

Started by Paul Totherone, June 07, 2011, 03:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Totherone

Not been around for a while but finally got a new model finished. This model was built from a god awful AMT 1/48 F-16A kit. Had the kit given a while ago with no instructions or decals. Nothing seemed to go right with the build. Even the paint didn't want to stick to the plastic. Anyway, what do you guys think?

McColm

RotorheadTX

Looks good to me. Nice choice of markings, too.
Perhaps a little too glossy for my taste, but it is a special scheme, right?  :thumbsup:

Eddie M.

I like it a lot! The red paint really sets it off for me. ;D
Look behind you!

Army of One

I like it......quite a striking scheme.....possibly the squadrons air display aircraft.....?  :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Cobra

Sweet :thumbsup: You did a Bang up job on the F-16 :blink: Keep up the Great Work :cheers:Dan

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

rickshaw

You obviously fought it into submission.  Looks good!   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Paul Totherone

Thanks everyone. Glad you like it. Not sure what model to do next. I will have to give it some thought. :thumbsup:

andrewj

Nice model , love the finish, but everyone knows 56 Sqd flew F 15's.

Paul Totherone

Thanks. My mistake, I'd forgotten about the F-15's. :thumbsup:

Taiidantomcat

About the only good thing about that AMT kit is it passes for a model. This has to be the best one I have ever seen  :bow: :bow: I'm not exaggerating. I can't believe how good that looks :wub: What color grays did you use? Are those the regular American colors with Brit decals or are those barley grays in the American scheme?
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Paul Totherone

Thanks. :thumbsup:
I used the standard USAF pattern for the paintjob but with RAF paints. The lowersides are Light Aircraft Grey and uppers are Dark Sea Grey/Medium Sea Grey.

Spey_Phantom

wow, i just got a whole new vision on the F-16, that red paintjob actually makes it look great  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Paul Totherone on June 09, 2011, 10:00:30 AM

I used the standard USAF pattern for the paintjob but with RAF paints. The lowersides are Light Aircraft Grey and uppers are Dark Sea Grey/Medium Sea Grey.

Smartly done  :cheers: thank you!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.