Looking to creat a WIF on a...

Started by utahbob, June 07, 2011, 09:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

utahbob

Hello,
I am looking for a model of a Beechcraft Super King Air, Cessna 421 or other like air craft that uses the Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6 engine to create a WIF model. I have used Google and looked all over the internet with no success. Any help?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

famvburg

There are a couple of 1/72 resin &/or vac Super King Airs. There's also a Polish company that made several resin twin Cessnas & Piper Cheyenne versions, but I can't recall the name. BTW, unless a C421 has been converted, it doesn't use PT-6's, it uses TCM GTSIO-520  recips. Other than those, you're left with wooden display models.

Quote from: utahbob on June 07, 2011, 09:41:02 AM
Hello,
I am looking for a model of a Beechcraft Super King Air, Cessna 421 or other like air craft that uses the Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6 engine to create a WIF model. I have used Google and looked all over the internet with no success. Any help?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Mossie

The Revell/Matchbox Twin Otter has a pair of PT6's that might be easier to come by.  RVHP do some very expensive resin models of C-12 & Super King Air variants.  Gremlin do a number of resin Cessna & Piper turboprops.
RVHP Super King Airs
RVHP C-12's
Gremlin models

Not PT6's, but the Revell DO.28 has a pair of Lycoming O-540's which are a direct competitor to the PT6.  The Revell Do.228 has Garret TPE331's, again in a similar class to the PT6.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

famvburg

Just curious. How do you figure a 300 hp or less piston engine is a direct competitor to a 600 - plus hp PT-6 turbo prop? The TPE-331 is indeed a competitor, but an O-540??? :unsure:

Quote from: Mossie on June 07, 2011, 11:07:38 AM
The Revell/Matchbox Twin Otter has a pair of PT6's that might be easier to come by.  RVHP do some very expensive resin models of C-12 & Super King Air variants.  Gremlin do a number of resin Cessna & Piper turboprops.
RVHP Super King Airs
RVHP C-12's
Gremlin models

Not PT6's, but the Revell DO.28 has a pair of Lycoming O-540's which are a direct competitor to the PT6.  The Revell Do.228 has Garret TPE331's, again in a similar class to the PT6.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: famvburg on June 07, 2011, 10:08:15 AM
There's also a Polish company that made several resin twin Cessnas & Piper Cheyenne versions, but I can't recall the name.

That'd most probably be Broplan. Nice basic kits, but a fair amount of work needed to get them together.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Green Dragon

Gremlin used to do resin Cheyennes etc. in resin and Hannants still has some in stock. http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?manufacturer_id=8035
Due soon (hopefully!) are two 1/72nd injected kits of the SKA 200/C-12 by Mach 2 in France and Avition Workshop in the UK under their Airframe range.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Mossie

Quote from: famvburg on June 07, 2011, 01:20:08 PM
    Just curious. How do you figure a 300 hp or less piston engine is a direct competitor to a 600 - plus hp PT-6 turbo prop? The TPE-331 is indeed a competitor, but an O-540??? :unsure:

Alright, I got mixed up. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.