Heresy....building REAL things....

Started by Radish, June 04, 2011, 03:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

Got a Mirage 2000D primed and a Super Etendard ready for priming. Both to be in authentic schemes for the Stafford SMW display....more to come.

Plus...start a 1/48th F-4D Phantom in IRIAF markings for the Quarter Scale Group display at SMW.

Might then do a RAAF A-20, also real, in 1/48th.

Finished a REAL Bf-109B in Republican colours, captured during the SCW.
Got another to build in proper nationalist colours too.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

beowulf

theres a couple of them im really looking forward to seeing  :thumbsup:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Radish

Some "loony" stuff too, involving Meerkats, Cybermen, Daleks, a USAF Concord and space rockets.....one was taken to IPMS Mercia's meeting a week ago. It's in 1/144th and collects important "matter" from space. But I know how to say "it" but, at the moment, the spelling defeats me :-X :rolleyes: :angry: :unsure:

Joe C-P

Real world items are just whifs in alternate universes!
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Jacques Deguerre

This way lies madness! Next thing you know, we'll all be arguing about bolt head diameters and panel line depth. Then *GASP* someone will start counting rivets! :o
Some clever and amusing quote goes here.

rickshaw

Quote from: Jacques Deguerre on June 05, 2011, 06:16:21 PM
This way lies madness! Next thing you know, we'll all be arguing about bolt head diameters and panel line depth. Then *GASP* someone will start counting rivets! :o

Quick, get the Starfix!  ;)
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

GTX

Quote from: Jacques Deguerre on June 05, 2011, 06:16:21 PM

Don't forget the correct RLM colour codes for the inside of the Bf-109E-4's wheel wells....pre August 1941 but post June 1941...
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Radish

Hey, Quarter Scale Group may be "reality" junkies, but I have managed to slip the odd "whiffery" in there, some obvious, some not so. A couple of F-35s in RN markings made it....I'm not advertising the others, though lol.

And to be honest, Quarter Scale Group members generally adopt the approach that NO kit is totally accurate, so, if it builds nice and looks nice, then that's fine.

Meanwhile, "on" with the Super Etendard....I'll start the F-4D on Thursday or Friday....nice relaxation before a weekend of debauchery and flesh at Rocky Horror in Hornchurch.

And I've a couple of RAF Space rockets progressing too, both on display with the completed one at the Coventry Show.

As for REAL models....well plenty like the Rafale, MiG-23 and -27 coming.

Rheged

Quote from: Radish on June 06, 2011, 02:19:12 AM

And I've a couple of RAF Space rockets progressing too, both on display with the completed one at the Coventry Show.

Most interesting!  I await the pictures and back-story  with eager anticipation.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Radish

Been sticking aerials and bits on Super Etendard and Space Rocket, that latter receiving initial washes of paint tonight.

On Saturday, I shall be debauching at the appropriatly named Queens Theatre, Hornchurch for the last night of this production of Rocky Horror. The sights will be amazing. Looking forward to meeting in the bar before and after.

Now then....back to plastic.
Building a Mirage 2000N tomorrow....a flying one. ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on June 06, 2011, 09:43:45 AM
On Saturday, I shall be debauching at the appropriatly named Queens Theatre, Hornchurch for the last night of this production of Rocky Horror. The sights will be amazing. Looking forward to meeting in the bar before and after.

Better warn Young Nick as he's probably within fallout range - I've at least got the Thames to act as a barrier  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

I shall be "horny" in Hornchurch ;)

Meanwhile been looking at Mirage IIICs.....fancy one of the reconditioned ones in Argentinian service. Might have to "go" 1/48th for this...HobbyBoss seems good. ;D

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!