2011 One Week Group Build

Started by Mossie, May 30, 2011, 02:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Nevster normally waves the flag for this one, but as he hasn't been active for a while I thought I'd bring it up.

For newbies the idea is exactly as it sounds.  Take a modelling project, start & finish it within a week.  Any whiff subject is welcome from simple oob kits, to kitbashes, to full scratchbuilds.

To be honest Nev has stretched it to start on a Friday & include two weekends in the past; a one week & a little bit under a half GB would be a more appropriate title but not as punchy.  It's been going for quite some years now, here's the last five:

Anybody still up for it this year?

Simon
:party:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Pablo1965

Well, Must the people put Photos of the process?
or only photos of the finished proyect.
I past the last week amassing pieces of many rest of kits. :thumbsup:

beowulf

when is it likely to happen?............need to fit it alongside other stuff, but i already have a few simple ideas  :thumbsup:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Pablo1965

Quote from: beowulf on May 30, 2011, 03:31:01 PM
when is it likely to happen?............need to fit it alongside other stuff, but i already have a few simple ideas  :thumbsup:

I expect don't happend in august.

Taiidantomcat

Its a must!! even if I cant participate! This is pure Whiffy goodness and I look forward to it every year!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Gondor

It has happened as I never got very far with my Canadian F-110E

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Cliffy B

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on May 30, 2011, 05:04:06 PM
Its a must!! even if I cant participate! This is pure Whiffy goodness and I look forward to it every year!

What he said!  :thumbsup:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Spey_Phantom

as every year, count me in  ;D

however, i do have an idea, over on the Dutch modelling forum, they have whats called a "speedybuild".
witch is similar to a 1 month GB, anyway, its also an annual thing, but each year is a different theme.

2 years ago, it was a "1/144 braillescale build", last year it was "US aircraft in foreign service".
mayb eit would be a good idea to also incorporate a theme each year  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

philp

Since I have managed a couple of Blitzbaus over on UAMF I should be able to get a Whiff done in a week. 

I said I should, not that I will but I am in.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Pablo1965

I am thinking to make a Fairey, starting with a Battle in 1/72 and become it in a 1/48 fighter.
must I put a photo of the pieces I have now?  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jacques Deguerre

I'll add a tentative "yes" since I have few 1/35 scale armor projects in mind that could be built relatively fast. The main factor for me is when the GB is held, since I'll be pretty busy and on the road a bit during the next few weeks.
Some clever and amusing quote goes here.

Pablo1965

Quote from: Jacques Deguerre on May 31, 2011, 01:28:53 PM
I'll add a tentative "yes" since I have few 1/35 scale armor projects in mind that could be built relatively fast. The main factor for me is when the GB is held, since I'll be pretty busy and on the road a bit during the next few weeks.

Please, I am in the same situation, When?....When can I start?

Green Dragon

I'll have a go again last time was fun.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Mossie

Well, I guess that's a resounding 'yes' to my question, a fair few replies, especially with Tom's whoopsie flooring the site for most of the day! ;)

Quote from: Nils on May 31, 2011, 12:02:10 AM
as every year, count me in  ;D

however, i do have an idea, over on the Dutch modelling forum, they have whats called a "speedybuild".
witch is similar to a 1 month GB, anyway, its also an annual thing, but each year is a different theme.

2 years ago, it was a "1/144 braillescale build", last year it was "US aircraft in foreign service".
mayb eit would be a good idea to also incorporate a theme each year  :mellow:

I'm not sure Nils, all our GB's are themed except for this one.  It's a bit of fresh air, anyone can do what they want & it gets a high turnout because of it.

Quote from: Pablo1965 on May 30, 2011, 03:52:39 PM
Quote from: beowulf on May 30, 2011, 03:31:01 PM
when is it likely to happen?............need to fit it alongside other stuff, but i already have a few simple ideas  :thumbsup:

I expect don't happend in august.

Quote from: Pablo1965 on May 31, 2011, 01:38:39 PM
Quote from: Jacques Deguerre on May 31, 2011, 01:28:53 PM

Please, I am in the same situation, When?....When can I start?

Well, it normally happens in July but has been in August before.  I think Nev usually tries & avoids the busiest holiday periods but it's difficult with an international membership & it's like organising a party, you can never find a date that everyone can make.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Pablo1965

Well, it normally happens in July but has been in August before.  I think Nev usually tries & avoids the busiest holiday periods but it's difficult with an international membership & it's like organising a party, you can never find a date that everyone can make.
[/quote]

I see, I'm going to risk and do another thing in july, and finished my Fairey in the next weeks. :thumbsup:
No risk, no fun.