Fixed wing Su-17 what-if

Started by overscan, June 12, 2004, 08:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

overscan

Su-17M4N (S -54N, S -56, Su-17M6)

Su-17 aircraft project with a fixed mid-swept wing. It was reengined with the Su-27's AL-31F engine and had improved avionics.

Could be an interesting, not-to-difficult what-if! Its odd to think it started out fixed wing, became VG, and later on could have become fixed wing again!  
Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
"What if?" addict

Swamphen

Um...wasn't the Su-17 basically a VG Su-7?  Therefore a fixed-wing '17 would be a '7? :unsure:  

overscan

I just sketched a nice idea- if you give it an A-7 style nose it looks pretty awesome, makes it look quite predatory, and gives space for a nose radome. Maybe an A-7-ish wing as well?

"What if?" addict

elmayerle

Can you give a link to further info?  Speaking of projects, I see that Unicraft has released an IL-40 "Brawny".  With some work, this can be modified to the IL-102/IL-42 that competed against the Su-25.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

overscan

At the moment, thats all I know unfortunately.
"What if?" addict

NARSES2

QuoteCan you give a link to further info?  Speaking of projects, I see that Unicraft has released an IL-40 "Brawny".  With some work, this can be modified to the IL-102/IL-42 that competed against the Su-25.
Ugly looking beast - but ordered it yesterday anyway !
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

overscan

My crude sketch- I really like the look of the front- not sure about the wing (scaled Su-27 wing) however.
"What if?" addict

Shasper

Looks like a screwed-up A-7 on steroids! :lol:  ;)  :cheers:

Ves B)  
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Supertom

Dude!  That's pretty sweet!
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"