Blast Models

Started by Maverick, May 24, 2011, 12:57:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maverick

G'day Gang,

Blast Models from France do a really nice variety of aftermarket conversions and the like in resin, predominantly for 35th scale kits.

Their new releases included an armed robot (looking like an M240 on an EOD type rig), which looks quite interesting to say the least.

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/newkitnews/blast_model.html

Regards,

Mav

rickshaw

Yikes!  Classic rookies mistake:

Your weapon should always point where you're looking.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Maverick

One wonders if the Minimi gunner shouldn't be in the other hatch, because if the FAMAS troopie engages where he is looking, the other is going to get a faceful.

Regards,

Mav

rickshaw

Quote from: Maverick on May 24, 2011, 03:37:02 AM
One wonders if the Minimi gunner shouldn't be in the other hatch, because if the FAMAS troopie engages where he is looking, the other is going to get a faceful.

Regards,

Mav

Both eject to the right.  Who ever is on that side is going to get a faceful.  Its admirable they're looking up but not pointing your weapon where you're looking is an error rookies make.   I don't know how often I had to drum that into new diggers.   The muzzle always follows the eyes.  That extra half a second required to align them is crucial.

The other problem is that they are crossing each other's arcs.  Each would have been assigned his own arc and that way they wouldn't be looking across each other or aiming weapons over one another and getting in each other's way.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Maverick

Whilst the Minimi does eject conventionally, that is to the right, the FAMAS has the ability to have its cover changed and eject leftwards which was marketed as something good for lefties when the firearm was first produced. 

Either way, they seem to be oddly positioned and the FAMAS soldier certainly isn't looking where the business should be.  Perhaps the French train their people differently?

Regards,

Mav

ChernayaAkula

Perhaps it's a case of people overanalyzing what is merely a "serving suggestion" of a resin figure manufacturer?  :rolleyes: ;D
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

pyro-manic

I suspect they're multi-part figures, with separate heads etc. that were hurriedly assembled for the photos to be taken. I wouldn't take the posing to be at all meaningful.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Maverick

Blast have a couple of new French figures for release.  Single figures so no posing difficulties  :thumbsup:

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=9158

Regards,

Mav