Tophe, this ones for you!

Started by Glenn, June 12, 2004, 01:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Tophe,
   I made these a couple of years ago, and, yes I know 'they're not aircraft', I thought you might like them. (being French, I mean!)
The little one is made from wood and covered in a model aircraft putty called 'Pick 'n Patch', then painted in acrylic and the BIG one if basically fibreglass. Well he is from his neck to his trouser cuffs. Head and hands, resin and the booties, in wood.
De doggie in made from Sculpey.
                                       Enjoy,
                                            Glenn

NARSES2

Great sculpting Glen - do you do figure masters by any chance ?

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aircav

Cool  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Tophe

Thanks a very lot, dear Glenn :) . Making, from scratch, characters like that is VERY good, and shows your incredible skills. Congratulations... ;)

I liked since my childhood these cartoon characters, but not at all as a French reader. I am not proud to be French, and I am not one of these proud French that made nuclear trials in your ocean, I swear. Please consider me just as someone in the World, not speaking English fluently, simply. :(  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Supertom

By Toutatis!!!!  Those are awesome!  Yeah Glenn, if you ever made molds of those I'd get a pair!

By the way I thought Asterix was a product of Belgium?
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

nev

I think that was Tin-Tin, Tom.

Great work btw Glenn.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ollie

You are right Nev!

Tintin is from Belgium, ASterix is 100% Gaul!!

:wub:  :wub:  :cheers:  

Glenn

I still have the head and hands mold in rubber, but the rest was scratch built. I built Obelix around a ball, and then made the upper body and trousers in half molds. I think, if I remember, in plasticene, then glassed them. Obelix stands about 24cm tall, and Asterix, 16cm
Glad you like them, I've been collecting the books since the early '80's and always get a laugh when reading them.
                      Glenn