Barnet model show, RAF Museum Hendon

Started by Martin H, May 22, 2011, 12:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

Today was the IPMS Barnet model show. Held at the RAF Museum, Hendon.

The photos I took can be found at this page http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/martinhiggs/Hendon%20show%202011/
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Army of One

#1
Some great models there.....!!!  :thumbsup:


Have you got a pic of the a/c in the bottom right corner of pic 8...? I think it's a whirlwind with rocket rails on the wings.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Howard of Effingham

thanks OGL.  :rolleyes:

i'm still trying to get me head around roger the cabin boy's BOAC tsr2.

that one is brilliant!  :thumbsup:
Keeper of George the Cat.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Martin H

yeah, power has gone to his head now he has been elected to the IPMS(UK) executive committee......The poor fools!
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Roger the Cabin Boy

Howdy Ron

That mugshot was taken for possible wider distribution amongst the IPMS UK fraternity.  That they may recognise the dodgy geezer they elected unopposed as UKLO, the overseer of Branches and SIGs.  :wacko:

If I'd known the Transport Supersonic Regional (Experimental) - to be registered G-TSRX - was going to be that popular, I'd have got it finished two years ago... :rolleyes:    
The future's so bright, I gotta wear NVGs...

Martin H

Quote from: Roger the Cabin Boy on May 22, 2011, 01:59:30 PM
That mugshot was taken for possible wider distribution amongst the IPMS UK fraternity.  That they may recognise the dodgy geezer they elected unopposed as UKLO, the overseer of Branches and SIGs.  :wacko:   

Ive already taken the liberty of posting it up on the IPMS forum Phil.  :wacko: :bow: :wacko: :bow: :wacko: :bow: :wacko:
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Scooterman

I knew about the TSR for awhile now, but I was SWORN not to tell for the fear of Twigletboarding...........

Looks flippin outstanding Phil!

philp

Nice stuff and congrats Phil on the new title.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

NARSES2

Nice collection Martin

Good show and great company  :thumbsup:

My favourite bit was being approached by 4 good looking young ladies and being asked "excuse me but can you tell us what the sharp, pointy, silver thing is for ?" Luckily enough they were pointing to a pitot tube on a model (it was a stand off detonator actually but I knew what they meant). After the flippant reply of "well, if they run out of bullets they try and stab the other guy" I relented and all was explained. Must be getting old, even 2 years ago my first reply would have got me arrested  :wacko: :rolleyes:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 23, 2011, 07:02:13 AM
Nice collection Martin

Good show and great company  :thumbsup:

My favourite bit was being approached by 4 good looking young ladies and being asked "excuse me but can you tell us what the sharp, pointy, silver thing is for ?" Luckily enough they were pointing to a pitot tube on a model (it was a stand off detonator actually but I knew what they meant). After the flippant reply of "well, if they run out of bullets they try and stab the other guy" I relented and all was explained. Must be getting old, even 2 years ago my first reply would have got me arrested  :wacko: :rolleyes:


Which is probably why they asked you in the first place......
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

lancer

Quote from: Army of One on May 22, 2011, 01:20:01 PM
Some great models there.....!!!  :thumbsup:


Have you got a pic of the a/c in the bottom right corner of pic 8...? I think it's a whirlwind with rocket rails on the wings.......

Actually Hank, it's my take on the Blackburn Firebrand. FAA with the BPF early 1946 and optimised rfor ground attack with 60lb RP's.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Roger the Cabin Boy on May 22, 2011, 01:59:30 PM
That they may recognise the dodgy geezer they elected unopposed as UKLO, the overseer of Branches and SIGs.  :wacko:  

Been there, done that..........back in the 70s sometime.

There's quite a lot more to the task than it seems at first. Best of luck.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

#13
Barrnet?  Yarr, must be Pirate Week!
Here's some more pics from the show.
;D ;D



More shots of the SIG stand to follow, meanwhile here's some other whif seen elsewhere at the show - some will be familiar:
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Pablo1965

Thanks for this post, I like see another wiffers cavern. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers: :cheers: :bow: :bow: