Mil Mi28 Havoc, when the courtain was still effective ...

Started by Giovanni, May 16, 2011, 11:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giovanni

On my pending pile there was an old Italeri chopper, the Mil Mi 28 Havoc realised before the real machine was revealed, 1/72 scale of course. A simple kit on the standard quality expressed by Italeri in that time.
Now the model is on the camo-department, waiting for the final decision about its camo.
I 've made some alternatives for it:
1 ispired by the Ka 29 camo

2 winterised option A

3 winterised option B

4 winterised option C

which one do you prefer ? Thanks for your contributes.
Ciao
Giovanni

Maverick

Giovanni, welcome aboard.

For my mind the winterised B & C options are the best, leaning towards the C option for some splinter difference.

Regards,

Mav

JayBee

Welcome to the madhouse Giovanni.
The last one works for me with that splinter camo. and I love the wolf's head :thumbsup:

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Army of One

Welcome aboard....!! I really like option 'C'.....the colours are great n love the wolfs head.....I think the smoother lines are better than the sharper lines of option 'D'........go for option 'C'...... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

TsrJoe

for me the latter 2 look really neat, love the wolfs head integrated into the camouflage too  :thumbsup:
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Mossie

Very nice!  Can I suggest an alternative to B, with the white over the light grey & the dark grey showing.  I do like the way you've worked the wolf's head into the camo pattern. :ph34r:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Giovanni

here the new proposed alternative by Mossie ( thanks !  :cheers: ) :

Ciao
Giovanni

Taiidantomcat

This is great! It is so special to see a profile of the "old fat" Havoc concept! I would choose option C but its really fun to see all of them. Welcome aboard!  :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Mossie

Quote from: Giovanni on May 17, 2011, 06:41:25 AM
here the new proposed alternative by Mossie ( thanks !  :cheers: ) :

Ciao
Giovanni

Thank you Giovanni! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Giovanni

now about the FS color numbers for these greys.
I started from the Ka 29 greys and found these different references:
From Begemot Decals:
FS 36424
FS 36231
From Zvezda kit:
FS 36118
FS 35237
really two different interpretations, which one is better from your informations ?
I found also some pictures of a new camo on Ka 52, also similar to the Ka29 camo:

waiting for your suggestions about these colors, thank you.
Ciao
Giovanni

Army of One

That scheme looks as though you could get away with brush painting it in 1/72.........looks good..... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Giovanni

After several days I have decided to follow Begemot instruction, so XF 20 and XF 54 by Tamiya for the Greys.
Here the fist stage on the kit:

waiting for the dark grey ... still with the wolf mask
Ciao
Giovanni

RotorheadTX

Wow, just wow! That is the first time I have actually seen the old Havoc concept look good.
Incorporating the wolf-head in the camouflage goes SO far to conceal all the worst points of that models visage!
Brilliant! I salute you.  :thumbsup:

Giovanni