The Bergepanther would make a good APC...

Started by mkhulu, May 12, 2011, 12:07:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkhulu

New kid here - hello !

Thought yesterday and the day before yesterday , whiffing a Bergepanther into an APC ...

:tank:

Going nowhere slowly

Maverick

Welcome aboard.  It would be roomy to be sure, but would naturally be flawed in having to go over the hull like the Ram & Kangaroo APCs the Allies fielded.  That is, of course, unless you're radically altering it?

Regards,

Mav

mkhulu

If one does a whif similiar to the IDF Achzarit and Russian BTR-T it might work..

Add some weaponry and Bob's your uncle  ;D

I will feel so guilty for cutting up a 1/35 Bergepanther - but then again whiffing ( and Marmite ) makes eveything right !
Going nowhere slowly

Maverick

With those mods, it's quite a good proposal.  Nice sloped armour & roomy to a point.

Regards,

Mav

mkhulu

Raise hull - about 1cm which in real world will be 35cm. Enough head space me thinks.

M113 rear hull section & a 50 cal.

..... and of course some Marmite.

I am hoping my limited modeling skills will be adequate enough  :lol:
Going nowhere slowly

Rheged

Quote from: mkhulu on May 12, 2011, 02:14:18 AM
Raise hull - about 1cm which in real world will be 35cm. Enough head space me thinks.

Do you plan to use the Marmite as a crew ration, or will it be  spread thickly  on the hull  as ersatz ZIMMERIT?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Maverick

Certainly sounds like a plan.  I'm assuming this will be some post-War thing?  Given that the 50cal is a US (or at least) Allied attachment.

Regards,

Mav

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on May 12, 2011, 02:43:39 AM
Quote from: mkhulu on May 12, 2011, 02:14:18 AM

Do you plan to use the Marmite as a crew ration, or will it be  spread thickly  on the hull  as ersatz ZIMMERIT?

Would definately stop the enemy clambering all over it  :blink:

Wellcome mkhullu btw
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

raafif

you may as well all give up -- the truth is much stranger than fiction.

I'm not sick ... just a little unwell.

rickshaw

Quite well done that one.  I suspect though, a slightly raised roof would make it a little more roomy and comfortable.  It also lacks a weapon for its commander.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.