Navy shipbuilding resumes in Canada

Started by Captain Canada, June 10, 2004, 09:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Hey !

This may quite possibly be the most advanced sub yet launched.........

GO CANADA !

Now that I'm on my days off, I've got back to what I love most....BEING AWAY FROM WORK !

So, I spent most of the day/ evening mucking about with my fleet...........

enjoy !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

btw....that's the elevator and interior walls of the hangar, and to port is the bow flight deck..........with blast shield and elevator........to the stbd. of that is the fo'csle and aft flight deck......featuring a land-and-roll-down-ramp into the hangar..........the CIWS Phalanyx are on little bogies that are wheeled out of the hangar when the ship is surfaced.

:P  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

And here's one of our new  Grand Banks Class Patrol Carriers.........HMCS Joe Batt's Arm.

It started life as one of those 2 dollar Hobby Model Enterprise hulls, with a completely new deck and superstructure. Lots of fun !

Originally, four were procured by the RCN to protect CDN interests off the East Coast of NF and NS. Eventually, over thirty were deployed to protect our interests in the North Sea, the former US Gulf Coast, as well as Nigerian waters.

The main brunt carried by these small carriers was the surprise resistence put up by the French over St.Pierre & Miquelon.

SHARs and Lynx standard, as well as support for Merlins and Cougar Helicopters Inc. fleet
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

F-32

Sweet!

Wouldn't want to be on the bridge if the 'copter pilot gets it wrong ^_^  

Swamphen

Nice models...

But what exactly do ya Canooks intend ta'do with our Gulf coast, eh?!  :ph34r:  

Captain Canada

Steal all the oil, and give the rest back to the Mexicans ! After we blow up the Alamo.....and then we'll rebuild it as a Taco stand
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Joe C-P

QuoteAfter we blow up the Alamo.....and then we'll rebuild it as a Taco stand
Yah, maybe, but would anyone outside of Texas notice?  :D Or care?  :P  
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Joe C-P

Quotethe CIWS Phalanyx are on little bogies that are wheeled out of the hangar when the ship is surfaced...
which suddenly go off as they're being wheeled back in due to the proximity/movement detector on their built-in radar, firing through the bulkheads.  :P

"Missile inbound! Dive, dive!"

The Phalanx begin to fire: BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP! PINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPING!

"Sir, we've cut off the top of own sail, eh!"

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :lol:  
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

TUCK

QuoteAfter we blow up the Alamo.....and then we'll rebuild it as a Taco stand
Yah, maybe, but would anyone outside of Texas notice?  :D Or care?  :P
Yes, the Texans would notice, and that's all that matters.  You've never pissed off a Texan...have you?..... <_<

Let's just say this:  IN--VA--SION! (homage to 1942!) :ph34r:

:tornado:  :tank:  :f16:  

John Howling Mouse

Coooooooooooooooool bwoats, dere!

I like all the shavings (?) next to the model: gives the workbench that crazy "just another minute and then I'll finally go to bed" look!

Keep the in-progress pics coming!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Captain Canada

Glad you like 'em, boys !

And yes, I'll share more pics as I go along. If I hadn't been called in to work tomorrow, I'd be sipping a Lager, and working away at them right now !

And that chopper is too big for that deck...I'm still awaiting my Lynx'

:wub:  :wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?