Mi-34 Handy

Started by Supertom, May 03, 2011, 07:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supertom

Right then, here's my entry and my first GB entry in years.  It'll be a combination of these two kits:

And I call it....the Mi-34 Handy!

First off, make some mods to the base kit....

Chop the nose off....

More chopping on the chin....

A bit of scratchbuilding to spruce up the cockpit...

I just did some spraypainting on the cockpit tub.  Next time you see it it'll have the instrument panel decals and stuff.

"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Taiidantomcat

I love that old fat Havoc kit :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Supertom

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on May 04, 2011, 07:15:48 AM
I love that old fat Havoc kit :thumbsup:

Hmm....you just gave me another idea to add to this build!   :cheers:

Supertom

By some incredible stroke of bad luck I dropped one of the seats in the sink while I was washing them.  Took the u-joint apart to see if it was still there and unfortunately it wasn't.  The seats were surprisingly nice and now I'll need to get a resin casting set to make one.  Unfortunately Hobby Lobby's 40% coupon isn't on this week....I'll just keep going and wait for the discount to come back.

Mossie

Hmmm, I think I know what direction your headed in Tom...... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Bad luck with the seat, would it be easier/cheaper to buy a resin cockpit than buy a casting set?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

KiwiZac

Sounds like this will be a very cool build when complete, Tom! Although I must say I was a little deflated at first as I thought you were doing a military version of the Mi-34 "Hermit": http://www.airliners.net/photo/Mil-Mi-34S/1599228/M/
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates