Main Menu

Jet Dornier

Started by Green Dragon, May 01, 2011, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Dragon

I know it's kind of late into the GB but can I join in with a twin jet Do335?

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Spey_Phantom

go right ahead, im eager to see it come together  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Green Dragon

Cheers Nils! Just glued some bits together and now looking for my razor saw to chop it up a bit.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.

sequoiaranger

One of these days I will do something somewhat similar for a "Mein Flucht", the Hitler escape-from-Berlin aircraft. Anxious to see yours!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

PACOPEPE

Twin jet engine?; like the Do P. 256?, or mixed, like the Do 435?.

Cheers
Fran

dumaniac

Yes - this one is a go-er.  I have a 48 scale put aside for the conversion.  The jumo will fit just outside the wing undercart.  Depending on your determination for detail, the flaps may need re-scribing where the jet exhaust will now be.  Ideally, the underbelly air intake will be removed as it has not purpose, and the rear engine area will need remodelling.  The nose will be an ideal area for a bunch of cannons.  If you get game, some radar in the nose, maybe the 2-seat could have the radar guy in the back seat.

Superficially this is a simple conversion but I suspect there is a lot of work in it

But good luck - go for it

sequoiaranger

>Ideally, the underbelly air intake will be removed as it has not purpose, and the rear engine area will need remodelling. <

Unless, of course, there is a third (fifth? if the wing engines are pairs) jet engine buried in the tail!! Then you would need a BIGGER scoop!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Green Dragon

Sorry for no updates, PC problems including a mate wiping my hard drive back to factory settings! Just reinstalled my foto software so here are some pics.
Various holes filled with plasticard, forward cockpit lengthened into tandem two-seater and Matchbox Phantom seats.

Forward seat had it's butt shaved to fit under canopy and the engine exhausts are from plastruct tube.  These are slightly bigger than a 262's Jumo 004 exhaust so I'm saying they're HeS 011's.

Very dodgy scratchbuilt plasticard back-seaters radar set up!

Phatom seats looked too modern so I cut the head rests off and will stick a plasticard armour piece on later. Consoles and a sort of fuse panel for the backseater from plasticard.

Air intake is from the Matchbox Corsair II fitted into rear cockpit position. Old rear cockpit pieces stuck back on so I can use less Miliput.

More later, Paul Harrison.

On the bench.

Green Dragon

More pics, Phantom nose cone fit pretty near perfectly and rear end filled/sanded.

Underside shot showing engine exhausts fared in sort of BAC Lightning style, keeping the underside intake as an auxiliary if the angle of attack blocks some airflow to the top intake.

Tail fin is a cut down Matchbox Ju188 unit with a carved sprue parabrake housing.

Hit it with a Citadel spray bomb and added the landing gear.

Underside shot no paint sheme decided yet.

Paul Harrison

On the bench.

PR19_Kit

You'd never guess what that started life as!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pablo1965

This plane is reaching a new level.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow: :bow:

philp

That changes the whole look.  Can't wait to see this finished.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

rallymodeller

Oh man, that is SO cool! :wub:
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Brian da Basher

Absolutely sheer genius!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

buzzbomb

Stunning work

Great vision on this I really like where this is going