O

Tilt to play: Bell's Stillborn VTOL - The F-109 that wasn't.

Started by Overkiller, April 30, 2011, 03:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overkiller

sandiego89

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

NARSES2

Built that a couple of years ago Dunc, quite a nice kit although I had a little fun with the canopy  :banghead: Finished mine as Canadian
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Anigrand - never in the field of modelling conflict, has so much been paid, by so many, for so little.....  ;)

Nevertheless, I KNOW it will look great when you've finished it Duncan. :thumbsup:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

kitnut617

Duncan, is that the colour of the resin ? or have you primed it?
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

dumaniac

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Stargazer

The XF-109 has been one of my top favorite unbuilt projects ever since I was a kid... So all I can say here is WOW!!!  :bow: Looking forward to seeing this finished, which should be soon from what I'm seeing here!

Pablo1965

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Overkiller on June 28, 2011, 02:25:09 PM

You may well note the change of user from USMC, to USN...  :blink:

As a Marine I despise you...  ;) However your previous awesome Marine work on this GB warrants consideration, along with the fact that although you did make it squid, those decals do look very very nice  :wub: Along with you having to fight so hard on them. 

Wonderful so far.  :wub:

Have you decaled the engines at all? I didn't notice them in the pics
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sandiego89

Really like this. 1950's to 1960's US Navy colors are great.   

Excited to hear about your save on the yellowing decals: "Then I remembered something I had read a while back, and put the decals in one of those clear plastic punch pockets, taped it shut with Tamiya tape, then taped the punch pocket to my bedroom window."

Could you clarify "plastic punch pocket"?  Is that a plastic sleve like you slide a piece of paper into and put in a three ring binder?  Decal side to the sun? Wonder if a plastic baggie like you put a sandwich in (ziplock) would do the same trick?  I thought yellowed meant gone forever.  Great tip!   

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

PR19_Kit

It'll also work just by leaving the yellowed decal sheet on a south facing window sill, but some sheets have a tendancy to curl up like that, older Revell ones in particular.

This process has been in wide circulation in the 1/144 airliner scene for quite a while, probably because all of us have five times as many decal sheets as we have kits!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Nearly done Dunc, keep it coming! :thumbsup:

Regarding the decals, I usually just tape mine directly to the window without a baggie as my upstairs windows don't suffer from condensation.  Still, best to be on the safe side & now you've all got it back in my head I might well start doing it again!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Stargazer

TRULY SPLENDID!!!  :thumbsup:

However, if I dare say so, I think the outlining of the cockpit is a little shaky. Perhaps a black line could solution that?

buzzbomb