S

StratoWing Complete

Started by SteveV22FE, June 10, 2004, 04:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveV22FE

THe B-49D was the first variant of the B-49 series with the capability of carrying two Hound Dog misslile under the wing.  For that reason, the "D" was affectionately called "Elvis's" by there crews.  The B-49D kept watch over America's sky's from 1959 - 1971 was the primary nuclear alert aircraft.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

F-32

You the man Steve, it looks superb.  I have a video all about the Northrop flying wings which has made me a big fan.................yours looks awesome :D  

Captain Canada

Looking good, Steve !

I'd like to see some shots of the underside as well....do you have a bombbay ? Or mounts for the hounddogs ? That would be sweet !

I can imagine that baby looking really sweet hanging from my bedroom ceiling !

Cheers !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mike Wren

fantastic stuff Steve, really like the natural metal/white combination  :wub:  

JoeP

Lovin' it!  :cheers: Great job!  B)

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Swamphen

Gary

From the ceiling.... Heck, with this model I can imagine a dirty pass at an airshow, all the gear and flaps and doors wide open for the non-believers!

Fantastic paint work. When I grow up I wanna be able to do a natural finish too.

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I give it 5 wubs up
Getting back into modeling

Scooterman

More SAC 'wings!!!!  :cheers:  :cheers: YES!

Mmmmm Flying Wings......... :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Brad

Sisko

Looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :wub:

Must dig mine out.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

John Howling Mouse

Absolutely striking!  Can we have a closer look at the "office"???

Please?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Alvis 3.1

I gotta admire that wing..toooooooooo cool! The history of the Flying Wing really deserves to be fully done out in models...I did the RCAF Basselope myself...it was a beast to paint, bit it's one of my proudest what-if's...
Your paint scheme is fantastic..excellent execution!

Alvis 3.1

nev

QuoteI did the RCAF Basselope myself...it was a beast to paint, bit it's one of my proudest what-if's...
The People demand photographic evidence!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May