P-51 FS-J (Forward-swept wings with jet engine)

Started by PACOPEPE, April 26, 2011, 01:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PACOPEPE

Here is a very interesting version of the famous aircraft, incorporating the latest aeronautical innovations at the end of WWII: swept-wings, jet engine.

Regards
Fran

dumaniac

Fran

this would be an interesting project - lots of great post war US colour schemes to pick from

good luck

Bernie

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

PACOPEPE

Hi again. here two pics in progress.

Regards
Fran

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Doc Yo

PR19_Kit

Looks considerably better than 'Miss Ashley' for sure. I love the NACA intakes all over the fuselage.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

johnsjunk

ChrisF

jsport

PACOPEPE

The operational debut of german Me 262, made obsolete "the most perfect pursuit plane in existence"; the P-51 Mustang of the North American Aircraft (NAA). The german jet-powered aircraft was 125 mph faster than the best allied fighters. NAA had been interested in jet powered aircraft for some time with the Confidential Design Group making an initial proposal for a jet fighter in early 1943. Ed Schmued had one design based on a piston/turbojet powered P-51 with a radical forward swept wing.

Cheers
Fran

AXU

Very very interesting concept  :thumbsup:,well done Fran,I like it!
Alex

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!