Swept wing Hawker Seahawk

Started by Alvis 3.14159, April 22, 2011, 10:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alvis 3.14159

No, I don't remember the number that Hawker was using for their swept wing version of the SeaHawk, and I'm pretty sure these wings don't match it anyhow...

Alvis 3.14159

Using the Trumpeter SeaHawk and the wings from a Lindberg F11 Tiger. Yes yes, heresey you may proclaim, but it's my model(s) har har.

So I painted it...problem is, I still haven't come up with a suitable navy to give it to. The kit has German navy and Indian Navy markings, and I'm leaning towards a HAL licence-built variant that incorporated the swept wing tech...but I don't know. Drat.

Maybe Swiss or Bolivian Navy? Isreali Navy also was  in the running, but the RN type paint scheme killed that one off. I think
I really hate being this indecisive.

Alvis Pi

Weaver

Quote from: Alvis 3.14159 on April 22, 2011, 10:22:34 AM
No, I don't remember the number that Hawker was using for their swept wing version of the SeaHawk, and I'm pretty sure these wings don't match it anyhow...

P.1052, and no, they don't.... ;D

Perfectly good whiff project though: I've often wondered what the 1052 or the 1081 (straight jetpipe) would have looked like with Hunteresque wingtips....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

philp

I would probably pick Indian but really like the choice of a Swiss Naval version :wacko:
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Captain Canada

What a little Beauty, Alvez ! She sure looks natural in those wings. RCN is always an option...... :thumbsup:

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Alvis 3.14159

I'd rather not saddle the RCN with the plane, it is quite cute, but never struck me as terribly effective at anything our navy would need, ie: Interception. Now, if we wound up with a couple Essex class carriers and used the Swepties as part of our UN contribution in Suez...oOOoOohhh, hey now...

I also realised I have a Airfix Buccaneer, with SAAF markings, so that WAS an option, but that RCN idea suddenly came up outta nowhere...hmmmmm

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

rallymodeller

I like it. Sorta looks like an 8/10 scale Scimitar.
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Alvis 3.14159

Quote from: philp on April 22, 2011, 11:46:53 AM
I would probably pick Indian but really like the choice of a Swiss Naval version :wacko:

I'm pretty sure those sneaky Swiss would have found a way to hide their carrier in a cave.

Alvis Pi

Alvis 3.14159

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 22, 2011, 11:53:54 AM
What a little Beauty, Alvez ! She sure looks natural in those wings. RCN is always an option...... :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Alvez? Not me, he's my Spanish cousin!

Alvis Pi

Hobbes

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

RotorheadTX

Your kitbashing skills are a modern marvel, well done!!

Alvis 3.14159

Well, I've been able to narrow it down by thinking aboot it all day. So, here's the finalists in what nation gets this plane:
UK
Australia
New Zealand
Canada
Brazil
Argentina
Chile
Bolivia
Switzerland
Germany
India
Taiwan
South Africa
France
Andorra
and basically anyone else I think of...arrrrgh!
Time to stop thinking, methinks!
Alvis Pi