Images upload option. Honestly, I do not want to offend anyone, just to know.

Started by ysi_maniac, April 22, 2011, 09:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you prefer?

Post in external specialized sites
26 (78.8%)
Posting here even if we had to make or pay something
7 (21.2%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: May 06, 2011, 09:36:07 AM

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

I am not neutral: I prefer to post images here.
I think this is a crucial point because here images are absolutely relevant.

Please, your opinions and votes. :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

Weaver

I prefer to post in photobucket and hotlink from here:

1) It means the pics appear full size in the thread instead of as thumbnails that have to be clicked on one by one.

2) It makes life easier for the folks running this site, to whom I'n eternally grateful for doing so.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

beowulf

i use an offsite host all the time (tinypic which is an offshoot of photobucket)............the reason being i dont just post here but at several other forums.....if i use an offsite host i can use the same links each time and dont have to repeatedly upload the same pic......and some forums i go on dont have their own uploader facility anyway
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

philp

I like Picasaweb.  That way I only have to post my pics one time.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Captain Canada

I use photobucket....too easy. And it's nice to have your albums available on line when you're away from home as well.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

CanisD

"If you want to have dinner with the Devil, make sure to bring a long spoon!"
Wolf's Shipyard
Wolf's Shipyard Forum

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

rallymodeller

I have both a Photobucket account, as well as one for Picasa, and for the same reasons mentioned above.
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

pyro-manic

I have tended to use the attachment function here, but I honestly wouldn't mind if it doesn't get reinstated. The handful of extra clicks required to use an external host really aren't an issue. Plus there are the advantages mentioned above.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Hobbes

raafif

I got Photobucket but had to use this site's attachment feature as 'Bucket isn't dial-up friendly -- bit slow even with my broadband !

Think this facility does offer a real alternative for those stuck with dial-up & would like to see it stay for those people -- those with usable access to photobucket etc should use it.

Personally I dont like the full-sized pics in posts as I don't like to have to keep scrolling the page sideways to see them, especially where multiple pics are posted in one reply -- I save the pics & look at them offline later.

Oh for the easy days of computer & internet use, now years gone ...
Grumpy Gus
you may as well all give up -- the truth is much stranger than fiction.

I'm not sick ... just a little unwell.

Maverick

I prefer linking offsite as there's no issues with uploading (I've had a few of those over the years).  Offsite means just a link and no physical upload and reduces the amount of times I have to upload a given image to various places.

Photobucket is my poison of choice, I've had no issues with linking.

Regards,

Mav

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

ChernayaAkula

Another Photobucket user!  :thumbsup:
One reason is that can use that top post pics on ARC as well.
Another is that off-site hosting also improves safety for this site. ARC got hacked a couple of years ago when some rotten bar-steward used the image upload function to upload a virus.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?