My 350th scale Soviet Freighter

Started by Sisko, April 15, 2011, 05:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sisko

Been out of the loop for awhile.

I occasionaly lurked around here, but I decided it is finaly time to post something.

This is my latest project which is nearing completion. It certainly qualifies as a Sci-Fi whif.

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Ed S

I like this one.  What did you use in it's construction?

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Sisko

From front to back

Airfix Saturn V parts and parts from my old and dead Aztec air brush. ( I am sure that it would have wanted it this way)
Face cream container
Hair conditioner bottle with 1/350th scale submaine hull glued on top. The underside is a the centre section from the Arado 555 kit
Farrero Roche box with a laundry scoop on top  crowned with 1/72 scale russian tank parts
The side sections are 1/72 scale airfix T-34 kits
The engine is turrets from an Old Glencoe battleship kit and engines from 1/72 Me-262

The rest of the details are from sheets Styrene, etched brass sets, battleship, 1/72 and 1/35th scale aircrarft and armour kits and assorted Sci-fi and rocket kits.

The side panels which add extra armour and heat sinks for the drive section are sheets styrene with 1/72 and 1/35th scale aircrarft and armour kits. They aren't finished yet.

I still have a lot of ariels to add to the main hull.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

tanktastic43

Taiidantomcat

I think I saw this on SSM, I remember loving it thats for sure!  :thumbsup: Always great to see how folks scratchbuild spaceships, and the pics and explanation are very helpful  :bow: :bow:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

AXU

Interesting kitbash,I like it   :wub: whell done  :thumbsup:

Sisko

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on April 16, 2011, 09:07:19 AM
I think I saw this on SSM, I remember loving it thats for sure!  :thumbsup: Always great to see how folks scratchbuild spaceships, and the pics and explanation are very helpful  :bow: :bow:

Yeah I posted it there but then didn't do any thing for about 6 months so the post dropped off the third page never to be seen again.

Glad so many people like it!

Brian da Basher

You have no idea how delighted I was to return from my own hiatus and stumble across this wonderful piece of Sc-Fi, Sisko! You may have been away, but your talent and skill are very much present.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Alvis 3.14159

Wow, that's so fantastic! It looks Soviet...big, bulky, ungainly, box-like, and that shade of utilitarian proletariate green? Perfect!

And, to top it off, you found a use for that Roche box. I've had one for years and never thought to incorporate it into something as cool as this!

Alvis Pi

ysi_maniac

Quote from: Alvis 3.14159 on May 13, 2011, 09:59:04 AM
... it looks Soviet...big, bulky, ungainly, box-like, and that shade of utilitarian proletariate green ...
Agreed.
And the last pic look so promising. :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:
Will die without understanding this world.

Sisko

Quote from: Alvis 3.14159 on May 13, 2011, 09:59:04 AM
Wow, that's so fantastic! It looks Soviet...big, bulky, ungainly, box-like, and that shade of utilitarian proletariate green? Perfect!

And, to top it off, you found a use for that Roche box. I've had one for years and never thought to incorporate it into something as cool as this!

Alvis Pi

I have been a long time admirer of your work so that means a lot! I am glad so many people like it.

This project has taken about 8 months of start stop modelling.

Life stuff has been in the way again but I managed to get some paint on the wing assemblies.  I was hoping to take this to Melbourne but that is just a pipe dream now.

Will post some pics soon I promise!

Sisko