Revell Bf 110E-1 Finished! (Caution, real world)

Started by matrixone, April 13, 2011, 12:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

This is the 1/72 scale Revell kit of the Bf 110E I finished last week. This is actually an ex-Monogram mold first used in 1967 that Revell re-popped and put in their boxing. If you are after an accurate Bf 110 kit avoid this one and get one of the new Airfix kits, the Airfix kit is actually cheaper than this Revell kit.

On to the pics...

Matrixone

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Doesn't matter to me, real world or what-if... can never see too much of this quality of work. Simple as that.

Ian  :thumbsup:
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Gondor

I concur with the previous person in their plaudits about your work Matrixone

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

matrixone

Thanks once again Ian and Gondor!

Today was a good day, the long awaited book from JaPo titled ''Messerschmitt Me 262s of KG & KG (J) Units'' arrived and there are some stunning camouflage schemes in there that I had never seen before and I will use one of them on that new Tamiya Me 262 I am building.

After my Me 262s are finished I will build a ''special'' model that will be out of my comfort zone...and it will be a what-if too! ;D Sorry, can't tell you what it is right now...in case this thing will be a flop I can deny its existence, kind of like the early years of the Russian space program where only the successes were made known to the press.

Matrixone

ysi_maniac

Just perfect as usual :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

BTW: How did you upload the pics?
Will die without understanding this world.

matrixone

Thanks ysi_maniac!

I am not understanding your question...I use picturetrail to host my pics but I am not sure if thats what you mean.

Matrixone

PACOPEPE

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Thank you Fran and NARSES2!

These early war aircraft are not of great interest to me but its good to build something a bit different, plus I love older kits even if they have ''fatal flaws''.

I had never liked the early war RLM 02 and RLM 71 splinter camouflage scheme before but after looking at the third pic in this thread I can see just how effective this scheme and color combination could be.

Matrixone

beowulf

.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

matrixone

dumaniac

matrixone

Sturmbock

Your models look like planes that would be great in a museum's collection. Fantastic work as always..

matrixone

Thanks Sturmbock!

My models are in a museum, its just a VERY tiny museum that nobody ever visits! ;D

Matrixone