Naval Whirlwind

Started by simmie, April 12, 2011, 04:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simmie

Ok  This has probably been done or suggested, but here goes.

A naval variant of the Westland Whirlwind fighter!!

It's just that I noticed that is wingspan is very similar to that of the De Havilland Hornet.

Reality is for people who can't handle Whif!!

Now with more WHATTHEF***!! than ever before!

jcf

Aint' that a Waterspout;D

Army of One

Cool......especially with OGL's heavy cannon nose....a ship basher!!! Oh yes....! Pacific colours n markings.....! Get one of his resin conversions n do it...!!!!  :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Rheged

Quote from: Army of One on April 12, 2011, 10:01:04 PM
Cool......especially with OGL's heavy cannon nose....a ship basher!!! Oh yes....! Pacific colours n markings.....! Get one of his resin conversions n do it...!!!!  :thumbsup:

A carrier-based Westland Tsunami,  armed like a  Mosquito Tsetse.   I could see a pair of these severely inconveniencing  shipping almost anywhere in the world.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Army of One

Oh yes indeed....!!!! That would be awesome....maybe the cannon nose and uprated engines....in the after war naval scheme as well.....same as the Fury's in Korea....now thats a colour scheme I like..... ;D
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Martin H has built one  :thumbsup: I've always had one planed but never got around to it - story of my life  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Rat

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 13, 2011, 03:04:52 AMMartin H has built one

Torpedo armed, wasn't it? Which means he swiped my idea a couple of years before it came to me. ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

tigercat

I was looking at the Whirlwind and it reminded me of the ME 262 what about fitting it with jet engines either on the existing wings or retrofitting the ME 262 wings.

Maverick

I saw a photo of a 'Jet Whirlwind' as a desktop model, might have even been on here, from a model show a few years back.  Don't know if it was a 'real' project or just whiffery tho.

Regards,

Mav

The Rat

I'm going through the 'search' function, here's one find.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Maverick

That wasn't the one I was thinking of.  Might not have been on here, but it was definitely at a show with a bunch of others built as 'desk' models with painted canopies and very glossy finishes.

I'll have a look and see if I kept the pics.

And here it is...

Regards,

Mav

kitnut617

I think TSRjoe built that one Mav'
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Martin H

Quote from: The Rat on April 13, 2011, 04:10:49 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on April 13, 2011, 03:04:52 AMMartin H has built one

Torpedo armed, wasn't it? Which means he swiped my idea a couple of years before it came to me. ;D

Quite right there Ratty. It is also lugging a pair of 60 pound rockets under each wing and mossi slipper tanks :) And its wearing a very fetching over all gloss dark blue British Pacific Fleet scheme :)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Martin H

Quote from: Army of One on April 12, 2011, 10:01:04 PM

hmm I smell a possible sale here :)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

GTX

A naval Whirlwind sounds like a good idea to me.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!