Junkers 260 Drache

Started by tigercat, April 06, 2011, 11:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigercat

In the middle of 1944, the Junkers aircraft company worked on a project for a low-level ground attack aircraft to replace the Henschel Hs 129 ground attack aircraft.  The fuselage was stout and tapered, and was armored throughout.  Fuel was contained entirely in the armored fuselage. The wings were straight and exhibited taper on both the leading and trailing edges. A twin fin and rudder configuration was chosen with the tailplanes being horizontal. This specification was later altered to combine bombing capacity with the ground attack role. It suffered from a number of technical problems during the later stages of its development and early operational roles, but became one of the most versatile combat aircraft of the war. Becoming the Spiritual successor of the Junkers 88  

tigercat

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

tigercat

dumaniac

yes - I would like to know the trick as well - me and computers are not close friends

thanks

GTX

In this case, all that was needed was to put the hyperlinks you already had in the centre of the [ IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff202/skidsinlimbo/Junkers260.jpg[/IMG ] (without the extra space before/after the IMG bit).  Normally though, just follow the instructions here.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

tigercat

tigercat

tigercat

sequoiaranger

Nice multi-colored camo, and you got the beast to sit on its nosewheel, too!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Taiidantomcat

Love the Camo!!  :wub: Great job  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sequoiaranger

>Love the Camo!!<

Looks like he slathered glue all over the model, then pushed it through a pile of confetti!  ;D

It somewhat resembles the "lozenge" camo of the First War.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!