Fairchild's T-46 Eaglet

Started by icchan, April 03, 2011, 09:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icchan

Well, it was a canceled design so it's not like there's going to be a wealth of technical information or images out there, but does anyone have any info on this little cutie at the bottom right?  Fairchild's T-46 Eaglet trainer, which could have been turned into a cute little COIN/light-attack like the Dragonfly.  161 square feet of wing for 6800 pounds of plane, that's a wing-loading on par with a paper airplane...and had much much room to be added to.  There's a 62%-scale model that Rutan built and flew according to what I found; what I'm hoping anyone knows about is the fullsize version of which three were made.

Hell, it's probably the cutest coulda-been modern combat aircraft, and that alone means that it deserves a thread!  Eaglet is love, show it some in return.

famvburg

Weaver

I picked up some leaflets about it at Farnborough back when it was a live project, and in fact, my mum copied one of the paintings!  ;D She was just starting out with watercolours and copying anything that took her fancy to get the technique. I'll see if I can find them......
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

GTX

I must admit that I never really was attracted to the T-46.  Just doesn't seem in proportion or something.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

NARSES2

Yup fusalge looks a little short, very tadpole like
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

A twin engined Miles Stuednt on steroids?  <_<
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 05, 2011, 05:36:27 AM

There is a similarity
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 05, 2011, 05:36:27 AM

Lots of steroids looking at the engine powers.....

- Indiana Jones