SNCAChild N-119 Noroxcar

Started by Tophe, April 03, 2011, 01:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Now that the Bv-338 is on its way, I consider building my very last model for 2011 (and even forever almost, then there may be one model per year)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

I have kept these ones as very last because they are very much too big size for me. The plan is to make a compound with the Noratlas on top of the Flying Boxcar. Both will be biplane and have their pod's length very reduced. To provide asymmetry smile, both will be single-engines e.g. Noratlas on port boom and Flying Boxcar on starboard boom. As the N.2501 kit has 2 canopies to choose from, this will not be anymore a "twin-boomer with rear door" but a "twin-boomer with rear canopy".

Tophe

I have no Noratlas drawing nor Flying Boxcar drawing to mix, but I can show you the principle on 2 P-38 basis: the N-119 will be a bigger quadruplane derivative of the N-38.

Tophe

And here is the quadruplane short-span version N-38S:

dy031101

These planes might not sit well for the claustrophobic.  ;D
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

Tophe

Wow... the C-119 is so huge at this 1/72 scale, far bigger than the room I have for the compound C-119/N.2501...

I will create a tiny derivative inside the rear part, I guess. :-\

Tophe

Shortening booms: the port one has no wing-part (the wing will be low, under the booms) and a 2-blade propeller (to avoid the need for undercarriage on my model), the starboard boom is even shorter, for a jet (with exhaust below and a titanium low fin)... The second piston engine will be in the nose at last.

Tophe

The saw is a useful tool for a (what-if) modeller...
Below (for the N-119 lower component): on the left is what I removed (a big airplane, Flying Box), on the right is what I kept (a little airplane, Flying 'car)... :lol:

Alvis 3.14159

I like the skillful use of a shoe to show scale!

Alvis 3.14159

Tophe

hehehe... I knew that the English-speaking unit for dimension is not centimeters but feet... ;)

Tophe

After putty/sanding/gluing, here is the aspect of the N-119B (Below) part. With 2 radial engines, 2 little turbojets, one big ramjet:

Tophe

The N-119B (below) Fly-ar is finished. It will be the lower part of a compound but it could have been an airplane by itself if I had more room.
Well, this '1/48th' asymmetric tri-jet low-wing, in a previous life, was a 1/72nd symmetric twin-jet high-wing C-119K...

Tophe

Other angles:

There is no rear door but rear window...

Tophe

After the N-119B (Below) comes the N-119A (Above) before the final N-119C (compound)...
Lord, that Noratlas is huge also! :angry: Truncating it will be for me "self defense"... :-\

Tophe

Good surprise in the Heller kit box: 2 sets of fins, for either normal or "with extension". Of course, my model will feature them all: 4 fins is good for a what-if airplane, and the grand total of the N-119C will be 6 fins, just right ;D