Ford Mustang up on the blocks.

Started by proditor, April 02, 2011, 08:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

proditor

PW sent me a very nice '67 Ford Mustang Fastback after the mail service decided they needed my first model more than I did.   :banghead:

But, it is a very nice model.

Of a car.

What the heck do you do with those?!?!?!

Well here it is.

Quite lovely.  Not sure where to put the wings or the ram though...

proditor

Well, I started off simply by going out and buying another car model.  Surely with two of them in the room, I'd feel inspired!

Well I did, and I made this!!

You weren't ready for that were you?!?!?  That's right, TWO different bits to make the steering wheel!  Column from the Ford, Wheel from a nice Camaro.

But still, were was I going to put the wings and the ram?

proditor

I know, I'll tackle the inside next, and something else will come to me!  Again, the Camaro gamely gave of itself so that we could get an interior.  Nice comfy seat, and a modified dash with a high-tech computer looking console offset the old mustang radial gauges quite nicely I thought.

What am I doing in the back?  Oh, don't worry, I'll explain it all later.

Oh, and I figured out exactly where to put the wings and ram!

proditor

ON THE MOTHER-LOVIN' BATMOBILE THAT'S WHERE!!!!

Still tons of PSR to do, but it's coming along rather nicely.  Especially with that nagging question finally sorted. 

Thanks PW, this one has been a ton of fun so far!!   :thumbsup:

Slerski

Batmobile !!! I want the same, pretty nice to go to work :P
« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

proditor

But WAIT!! THERE'S MORE!!!!

It wouldn't be a Batmobile without a little crime lab, now would it? Overall view with cabinets/drawers for storage.

Here is the computer with the bracket mounted monitor.

And the microscope and test tube rack.

Most of this was made from scrap plastic, although the test tubes and microscope got their round bits from 1/700 torpedo tubes.  The microscope base is a sat comm.  Woot!

puddingwrestler

well, I'm glad I sent you extra wheels as well, the stock ones would never fit the batmobile.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

proditor

I'm glad you sent them too, and for exactly that reason!  Plus the rims are really nice.   :wub:

MiB

My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

proditor

Went for paint, and it's been an unmitigated disaster.  The paint looks like the surface of the $%^&ing moon.   :banghead:

This is absolutely the last time I use Testor's paints for anything.

I'm probably out at this point as I'm way too angry to even look at the model, much less in the frame of mind to fix it.

Good luck to everyone else!   :thumbsup:

beowulf

Quote from: proditor on April 25, 2011, 03:41:45 PM

I'm probably out at this point as I'm way too angry to even look at the model, much less in the frame of mind to fix it.

dont give up so easy.....had many a car paint job go wrong....dump it in the blue pond and then rattlecan it with black....quick and easy fix   :thumbsup:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

MiB

The New Batmobile?
In the movie KickAss superhero Red Mist use the MistMobile, a red 2010 tuning Mustang
My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

Captain Canada

Hey...now that's pretty cool ! Love the way you blended the front of the Cramero onto the Crustang.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?