Ian Allan Clearance Sale

Started by Nick, March 29, 2011, 05:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Ian Allan are having a Clearance Sale at their Hinckley showroom, just off the A5. Big reductions promised on many titles, some as low as £1. This probably means that a variety of books about aviation, railways, racing cars and other modes of transport are on offer.
I'm tempted to go up there but it's a fair trek with no idea of what bargains there might be.

http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=63c6db74b7aa70ffcb8435bb3&id=67b1e578da

From what I can work out Ian Allan Publishing own Midland Books and Midland Counties Publishing etc and Ian Allan Plus is their Second Hand dept or outlet store. Or something? :unsure:

Supertom

I think I'm in the wrong country.  No, I'm pretty sure I am.  No Ian Allan clearance sale, Bovril or Jelly Babies here, and US Top Gear sucks.  Guess I should have done my "A" Levels after all.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Supertom

Quote from: Overkiller on March 29, 2011, 12:33:35 PM
Quote from: Supertom on March 29, 2011, 12:29:58 PM
No Bovril or Jelly Babies here....

This is a problem?

Sounds like my vision of heaven....  :wacko:

E'S A WITCH!!!!!!!  WITCH!!!!!!!

Of course I'm sure Paul looks better than that but WIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!!!!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness I'm bummed that I won't get to join in the fun.  Wifey plans on getting me some aviation books for my birthday though, so I will probably make a few requests. 
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Army of One

Anyone been and seen what they got....?
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Nick on March 29, 2011, 05:09:01 AM
From what I can work out Ian Allan Publishing own Midland Books and Midland Counties Publishing etc and Ian Allan Plus is their Second Hand dept or outlet store. Or something? :unsure:

That's pretty much the case. The Hinckley site is GINORMOUS, but when it was just Midland Counties they had a filing system that was impossible for mere mortals to figure out. Trying to find one particualr book was a nightmare. When Ian Allan bought the company they promptly closed the wharehouse to Joe Publics, and I've not been there since. I hope they've improved the system by now.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Radish

Closes after today apparantly.
Books £1.
A friend bought a Trumpeter MiG-17 in 1/32nd for £7. :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen