1:48 Monogram F-105 - Update 16th Jan 2012

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, March 23, 2011, 05:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

First new 'What If' project for this year: Been two-and-a-half years in gestation, but now looking forward to the build. Lots to do, airframe changes, detail painting, not to mention the final and very challenging paint scheme. Anyhoos enuff words, here's the first pictures:

Thanks for looking, as ever, all comments, questions and criticism welcome.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

Always liked the 105, looking forward to seeing what you do with it
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Scooterman

popcorn-check
beer-check
comfy chair-check
(scooterman settles back, eager for more)

Taiidantomcat

So far so good, its a twin seater so thats a plus. Look forward to more  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Captain Canada

Like Mossie said, Thud is good.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

bobbo

Quote from: Scooterman on March 23, 2011, 06:52:40 PM
popcorn-check
beer-check
comfy chair-check
(scooterman settles back, eager for more)

Is the Pizza ordered yet?

bobbo

ChernayaAkula

Yes, Thud is good, of course, but what markings will it sport? Inquiring minds want need have to know!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on March 24, 2011, 04:37:48 PM
Yes, but what markings will it sport? Inquiring minds want need have to know!

Patience, Moritz  :lol: - The truth is the whole idea dates-back quite some time, and started with the colour/markings, then I concocted a back-story to justify the build  :rolleyes:. All will be revealed in due course, folks. I'm at work just now (0332 local), but will post-up some progress pics when I get home later.... pwomise !

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Cockpit bits done. Nothing special, just some good old Monogram details with a little drybrushing and '0' brush detail work. The throttle quadrants have been drilled and the 'Go-Faster' sticks added with 30amp fuse wire.

Front IP

Rear IP

If I'm honest I'm really pleased with the way this came-out. Took just one two-and-a-half hour sitting to get to this point. Thanks for taking the time to look. As ever all comments, etc, etc.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

You should be pleased Ian - thats good work  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Yes....very nice ! I do love those old Monogram 48th scale cockpits, and the joy of how good they can look with just a little effort.

Keep 'em coming....the people wanna know what this thing is gonna be !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Time for quite a sizeable update:

Before joining together the vast fuselage halves I removed ALL the Vietnam era ECM nodes, that are moulded onto the airframe. Here's the fin tip after being assaulted with a Dremel and numerous grades of wet'n dry. All filled and smoothed back.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Next the nose area:

Again the Dremel came-out for the underside strike camera housing. Also filled in the cut-out for the cannon and the in-flight refueling recepticle. Cut off the four pyramid shaped SAM sensors around the nose and blended-in the nose cone.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)