Looking for a 1:72 Cessna Skymaster

Started by Thiel, March 21, 2011, 03:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thiel

Well, two actually.
I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a kit of it sold in Europe.
So far I've only been able to find the Arii kit on Amazon.com, and while the price itself is fair enough, the shipping cost is ridiculous.
Two kits cost about $26 which is about the same as what I pay at the local shop, but shipping is $36, quite a bit more than I'm willing to pay with my current budget.
If the civilian version isn't available, the military version is also okay.

Edit: I just realised this probably should have gone in the Swap Shop.

Nick

We are talking about the push/pull twin engined prop job as seen in the movie Bat 21 with Danny Glover and Gene Hackman?

Airfix released this as the Cessna O2A/B. Search for Airfix Cessna O2 to get results.  :thumbsup:

Eidai 1/72 Super Skymaster = http://www.oldmodelkits.com/index.php?detail=16045&page=72
Sold at Kingkit.com for £11.99.

Weaver

Unfortunately the Airfix one seems to be rare and collectable enough to fetch similar prices and high interest on ebay as the Arii ones do. The Arii ones seem to come up fairly often though, so kepp your eyes peeled for one that's been put on at a stupid time (i.e. the auction closes at a time when there arn't many buyers on) and you may get lucky. I did, eventually (and no, sorry, it's not for sale...).
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Aurora did one too, albeit a bit basic, but I bet that one has even more stupid prices on ebay!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Bear in mind also that the Arii one has been boxed under different brands (I think), and that they're sometimes described as a Cessna 337 or a Reims 337 (French licence builder), so do several searches.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Thiel

I found a likely looking kit on the Bay of Evil.
We'll see how it goes.