OVA-10 Broncasy

Started by Tophe, March 20, 2011, 08:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

As my Me-2025 and Ju-86Ka are in the boring PSR-hardwork status :angry:, I needed to create projects again to restore my enjoyment in modelling... :lol:
The next one (and last before I enter the 3-big-ones very last) is the OV-10D Bronco Hasegawa 1/72 :blink:.
I like its twin-boom layout and pretty nose (without long-nose addition) but I need to whif it somehow. :blink:
The first idea was an asymmetric single engine version, all right, but I hope to do better.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

As my always-principle is decreasing span drastically, this will be of couse a biplane, but that was a true North-Am project and I need to be more uncommon. I plan to be over-asymmetric this way:

Tophe

Ahem... bumps and holes in the wing will make me change my project. I have not skills enough to scratchbuild that much from such a basis... :-\

Tophe

Here is the update project principle:

Weaver

How about cockpit on the front end of one boom, pusher engine on the back of the pod?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Tophe

Interesting idea... while I fear I would need two kits... and the widths do not match... :-\

saintkatanalegacy

wow

you must be very bored ;D :lol:
Ivylicious!™

Thiel

Somewhere inside me the little boy named Sense of Realism is crying because he's being beaten buy another boy called Sense of Awesome

Tophe

Thanks.
Building goes on. With this tiny span, I 'seriously' consider making it a triplane

Weaver

Quote from: Tophe on March 20, 2011, 09:55:15 PM
Interesting idea... while I fear I would need two kits... and the widths do not match... :-\

I didn't mean have two cockpits in total. Put the cockpit pod in the boom position and stick a cut-off bit of boom on the back of it to get the fins in line. Then use the front end of the chopped-up boom to make a pusher engine nacelle in the middle, where the podused to be.

Like this:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

Tri-plane sounds interesting !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

Thanks once more Weaver, your invention is clearly better than mine... while I lack the skills to make it plastic, I fear :-\
Thanks Captain, here is the detailed project of asymmetric triplane:

pedrospe

hi tophe, this project looks promissing.

best regards

Pedro

Tophe

Thanks.
The starboard boom is cut, glued to the pod (into a fuselage), putty is added (next step: sanding)

Tophe