Hawker P1154 2 seat trainer

Started by Lazlo Woodbine, June 02, 2004, 03:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazlo Woodbine

:ph34r:

After seeing Thor's attempt at the Maintrack vacform I got mine back out and grafted an old C scale 2 seat Harrier conversion and a lot of filler onto it as there must have been a need for a 2 seat trainer version of the P1154.  its probably going to have an early 70s scheme.  
"Ladies and gentlemen, England will be playing four-four f&*$£*^g two"

Mike Bassett

Martin H

Oh very nice Gary. No doubt she will be a stunner once you have worked you magic on her.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Geoff_B

Hi Lazlo

Looking good, should be nice with our other 1154's as my RAF one in now in wraparround.

As to the trainer, would a picture of the mock up be handy as i found one on this web page. :D  :D  :D

Hawker 1154

See you Friday (or Saturday)

Thor B)  

Lazlo Woodbine

thanks for the comments and the pic, the 2 seater doesn't look too different but i couldn't put a fuselage plug in it now.  Any ideas for a colour scheme?
"Ladies and gentlemen, England will be playing four-four f&*$£*^g two"

Mike Bassett

Geoff_B

Hi Gary

Well its only the mock-up so i guess the intahes are not fitted in the photo just their bulkhead (well it works for me !!!!).

As for Colour schemes you could go standard Harrier T-2/T-4 with the DSG/DG possibly wraparround like mine or perhaps a standard RAF trainer scheme Red/White & Grey or the later Black scheme, you could do RN style in Black using 899 markings. You could go operational with a laser designator pod on the centre line and LGB on the outer wing pylons acting as a target designator for other aircraft (as per Gulf War Bucccs).

Right need to look at doing that Airbrake if possible and finding a suitable front U/C leg as i have gone for Harrier bits rather than the kits badly formed metal jobs.

Speaking of Harriers if the 1154 s the operational variant howabout a Harrier T-2 as a VTOl basic trainer ?, in early Hawk markings ?

Thor B)  

John Howling Mouse

My kitbashing hat's off to you: VERY gutsy, man!

:wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

F-32