Spitfire Canopy 1/72 wanted

Started by Nick, March 14, 2011, 02:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

I've got the PM model Spitfire VB Floatplane completely built but I'm missing the canopy (have been for years!). If you have one or know of a suitable donor kit, please let me know.

Thanks,
Nick

deathjester

I can't remember - does the Airfix one fit?  I can do you a copy of one of those.

PR19_Kit

John Aeroclub will be at Southern Expo on the Saturday, and he does zillions of different vacformed Spitfire canopies, and they aren't expensive at all.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

pyro-manic

I've got a spare Airfix Spit V canopy - PM me your address, and I'll send it off. :)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

The Wooksta!

Just buy an Airfix Spitfire Vb or IXc and use the floats from the PM kit on that.  You'll get a far better result. 

The PM kit is a copy of the old Frog Ia/Va and pretty poor with it. 
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Nick

Hmmm, what about the Revell Spitfire Mk.II kit?
I have the one that came free with the Telegraph a few years ago, would that look any better?

I know it came out 35 years ago and looks basic compared to the modern releases but I have it in my stash and money is tight.

The Wooksta!

No, quite frankly. It's as bad a caricature as the PM one.  The Airfix one is your best bet if you're on a budget - the Revell V isn't worth using as spares.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic